Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-22-2000, 07:36 PM   #1
Viridi

anyone know an easy way to kill the pack of shadows/shade wolves that attack you when you reach the temple? (I haven't been able to get past/kill them without losing 1-3 characters... )

hehe, on second thought, anyone know a walkthrough for the Umar Hills quest?

Old 10-22-2000, 07:48 PM   #2
Rabbit Slayer

if you move further toward the temple entrance you'll see the she wolf from the wolves den if you saw her, she'll tell you what to do. If you didnt speak with her don't worry. All you have to do is move the mirror toward the left of the huge glowing crystal to capture the light given off by the crystal and turn it on the shadows. This will kill them and provide you with a safe place to rest. So long as you stay within the lights glow the shadows will burn when they cross its threshold.

Hope this helps.

Rabbit Slayer.

Old 10-22-2000, 07:56 PM   #3
Viridi

yep, knew from the beginning, the problem was the formation I was using... (It got one of my characters caught surrounded by the wolves anyways, got past there...

now I gotta figure out how to kill those Skeleton warriors... (btw, is this quest recremmended if I am only in chapter 2 still?

Old 10-22-2000, 08:38 PM   #4
Rabbit Slayer

i managed it mostly because i had Anomen in my party. His turn undead skill came in very handy

Rabbit slayer

Old 10-22-2000, 09:05 PM   #5
Viridi

thanks for your help... finally managed to kill both of them (hehe, took several re-loads, but I finally got lucky

only problem is, it takes high level spells/weapons to kill them... (my sorcerers high level spells are mainly area effect.... end up harming my party more then the skeletons heh)

might have to do it again though... I dimissed Jaheira from the party... is that ok?

Old 10-22-2000, 09:08 PM   #6
Rabbit Slayer

I still have Jaheira but I only user her to lob bullets at people from her sling, she doesnt do much spell casting so you probably wont miss her.

Old 10-22-2000, 09:16 PM   #7
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I disagree, Jahera is not only a good healer, but she is also a pretty good fighter. She has a scimitar+2 in my party and an AC of -7. I have also found her very helpful when coming up against vampires. The spell protection from negative energy makes you characters immune to level drain.
But thats my oppinion, as lond as you have another priest you should be ok.
Old 10-22-2000, 09:34 PM   #8
ldemon

Agreed, Jaheira makes a worthy fighter. Her HP's are fairly high and kitted out with a fortress shield and ankheg armour she has an AC of -6/7. That combined with her cleric/druid skills means she's up there at the front casting healing spells and her wonderful fire elemental. Don't waste her with a sling, take a look at her stats and equip her with a decent weapon.

Lil
Knight of Equal Opportunities

Old 10-22-2000, 10:10 PM   #9
Viridi

heh, oh well... I have my main character, Minsc, Valygar, Mazzy, Aerie and Cernd... so I might as well continue, I have enough druids/clerics/mages

anyone know how much longer it will take to complete the quest, once I have grabbed the first sun jewel? (the big glowing jewel on the pedistel... Mazzy told me to take it off

Old 10-22-2000, 10:12 PM   #10
Viridi

oh ya, what am I supposed to do once I take it off?

go back to the main hall and through the secret door? or.. retake the test from the god? or? hehe