Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2002, 12:34 PM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

http://members.lycos.co.uk/xsk273479...killersMod.zip

It's 6.4 megs so be warned [img]tongue.gif[/img] Uploading it was no walk in the park either ya' know...

That's all I have to say and for the people that didn't get it... CLICK HERE! Some recomendations...

1: If you start at level 1, talk to the headless guy over on the left, err I mean bodiless guy [img]tongue.gif[/img] You cant miss him... well his head anyway.... it kind of looks mounted on the wall

2: Dont be afraid to explore

3: The door is TO THE LEFT, yes i know people would rather it be to the right for some reason so they walk there first hoping to find a dor and instead find tons of Henchmen [img]tongue.gif[/img]

4: Stay on the path, unless you want to die and level up [img]smile.gif[/img]

5: Good luck , and please post your comments on it here! thanks! BAI BAI!

goodluck with it!

[ 10-26-2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]
Old 09-26-2002, 01:25 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Most of the chairs at the Yawning Portal Inn are usable items. I think every mod-maker in the world has this script in their mod now, eh.

But keep those scripts coming! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 02:42 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeppers, that was one of my first scripts I wrote. (My code was only 4 lines though) [img]smile.gif[/img]

I used this call:

"oChair = GetNearestObjectByTag ("Chair", oPlayer, 0);"

Keep posting scripts though!! I am looking for trap type scripts and lever+door puzzle scripts--I am having a bit of a scrap of making mine work. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks!!!!

[ 09-26-2002, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 07:34 PM   #4
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

You know, after reading all that I’m glad my toolset doesn’t work... Is it very complicated to do all that or does it get easy after a while?
Dagorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 06:11 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It's NOT easy if you don't have a scripting background, but if you're prepared to put the work in and learn, you will get the hang of it. And once you understand the fundamental concepts, it gets easy after that. Depends on how patient and persevering you are. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2002, 10:33 AM   #6
Mercutilis Karr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Eveything comes to he who waits eh? I must say it tooks some time but the scripting has beome "enjoyable". Putting stuff I designed on paper into a 3d world is aot of fun, but that's just me wel gtg have fun people and keep those scripts coming.

Oh on another note I'm stuck on trying to make a doorway into a random warp any hints? thanks.
Mercutilis Karr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2002, 12:38 PM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I'd recomend putting a trigger on the doorway, like a trap trigger, but have it be area transition and then place multiple destinations ALL with the same TAG so it has to pick one to warp the player to
Old 09-27-2002, 01:59 PM   #8
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Hay /)eath let us know when we can get your too will ya, it sound good
Old 09-27-2002, 03:52 PM   #9
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

well i uploaded an old version of it to Bioware's site adn apparently they didnt want to take it because it was too large, with a required playtime to reach the end of 8 hours -_- they said it was bigger than the single player game and required more than 1 DM so they didn't want to deal with it... I'm going to host it on my own site as soon as it FREAKING STARTS WORKING AGAIN! >_<
Old 09-28-2002, 01:50 PM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
well i uploaded an old version of it to Bioware's site adn apparently they didnt want to take it because it was too large, with a required playtime to reach the end of 8 hours -_- they said it was bigger than the single player game and required more than 1 DM so they didn't want to deal with it... I'm going to host it on my own site as soon as it FREAKING STARTS WORKING AGAIN! >_<
Bio don't host any mods on their site. Send it to either www.nwnvault.com or www.nwnstratics.com.