Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-18-2002, 02:04 PM   #111
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
After scanning some of the posts I beleive it is time for some sage advice on the subject of a gal's looks.
What is important is chosing someone you can trust, because you are freely giving them your heart. Someone you can talk too, because you will be spending your very finite time with them. Someone that can inspire you to become better, because you wish it for their sake.
Looks are vanity, all is vanity. After all as we age we get fatter,or skinnyer, greyer, shorter and wrinkled. looks are fleeting and are here but for a season. Beside when you turn them over they all look alike

I didn't just say that it must of been my evil twin.
Well said! It's advice all you youngsters should take to heart. As cliche as it sounds, it ain't the wrapping that matters, but what's inside!

[ 04-18-2002, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Sir Taliesin ]
Old 04-18-2002, 03:43 PM   #112
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Memsykins, you go with alot of flow... I'm surprised you haven't capsized yet! *giggle* Good luck to you!
Ditto - and we want details, buddy - well not THOSE details (hands Memsy an email addess and the words "Yes, those details" on it.. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Later

BK
The Black Storm Cloud of the Night - Consort to a Queen- Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way - Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons - Heart, Mind, and Soul- Newbie at Heart - ()xxxxxxxxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::::::::>
Old 04-18-2002, 04:07 PM   #113
Sir Michael
Manshoon

I disagree, Memnoch *as he comes into the conversation very late* I've never found "the hunt" any fun at all. I've only had a few relationships in my life, and they've all been disasters.

Also, it seems like any time I'm interested in a woman, they are either not interested in me, or not available. I guess that's my main criteria for attractiveness in a woman: That she be available and open to a relationship, and that she is interested in me.
\"You see things; and you say \'Why?\' But I dream things that never were; and I say \'Why not?\'\"<br />-George Bernard Shaw<br /><br />\"Men take only their needs into consideration never their abilities.\"<br />-Napoleon Bonaparte
Old 04-18-2002, 07:07 PM   #114
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

4 things (not in any particular order)
BODY
BOOTY
EYES
SMILE
personality only comes into play after these things
sorry if you offeneded anyones, but thats the honest truth

[ 04-18-2002, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe ]
Old 04-18-2002, 07:12 PM   #115
Charlie
Lord Ao

What makes a gal's looks?

Remember, Beauty is only skin deep...............Unfortunately some people are born inside out.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 04-18-2002, 07:19 PM   #116
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
What makes a gal's looks?

Remember, Beauty is only skin deep...............Unfortunately some people are born inside out.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!
Nice one Charlie!
Old 04-18-2002, 07:37 PM   #117
Krishach
Drow Warrior

Judging by the pics of Memnoch I seen on that phote site, he's quite the mack-daddy.

Ah, and thank you Lady Blue for reminding me. I don't really understand some girls and make-up. My girlfriend wears make-up one day, and later I see her after she takes a shower and is her pajama's and she looks just as beautiful. I can't stand it when someone crosses that line wear they put too much make-up on, it's not pretty, it's just sick looking, in my opinion. Anyway, that's my [img]graemlins/twocents.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2002, 12:59 AM   #118
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Man! You don't log in for a few days and look what happens!

I still have to refresh each page several times to read them so I can't check or quote people but thanks Yorick, Cloudy and all who backed me up here.

:: Caleb, I won't take offence this time, I did say in my initial response:
Quote:
it's very close to insulting my wife which I would take strong offence to
I was warning that further comments along those lines would be crossing 'my' and other peoples line and hoped to avoid any mess. (?!)
I had realised from the very nature of your post that we have differing levels of maturity and life experience. I feel one way (through actual circumstance) and if you feel another it's not my place to say you're wrong, but I can say I dissagree and feel that you will come to understand what I mean with time. Whether it's through good experiences or bad is entirely up to you.
The 'stats' should show you that those who don't consider their partner their best friend simply don't make it (and many of those who do unfortunately).
Marriage in my experience is one of the hardest yet most satisfying, rewarding and fulfilling courses that your life can take - and taking that journey with anyone but your best friend seems more than a little risky and unbalanced in my opinion.
But you make your choices and you live with the consequences. I just hope that some of the other young guys on the board will take to heart to what I and like minded posters have said (as I did when when it was said to me) and realise that women are a universe apart from the male imposed stereotype of sexual gratification providers, whether in a relationship or vicariously.
It doesn't have to be so serious mate! Enjoy the beauty that all Women naturally possess for sure, but try to discover what else is going on there. (it's truly amazing and you'll thank me for it. Trust me! )

Oh and Yorick...sorry mate, my elephant gun just wasn't working today bro... [img]smile.gif[/img]