Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #21
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks AzRael. Well, I completed DMC3, it's an excellent game. My mate says he will sell God of War to me for £5 so I'm looking forward to that! I'll get it next tuesday when I next see him.

I had Disgaea but traded it in as I don't play it anymore. A great game, that's why I was interested in the other Nippon Ichi games. I'll check out that Star Ocean game, I think I have heard of that. Thanks again! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2006, 02:03 PM   #22
Glycerine_74
Dungeon Master

If you enjoy Final Fantasy type RPGs and have plenty of time to kill, you owe it to yourself to try DragonQuest 8. I put over 90 hours into it, and still have more stuff to do. (Although I did finish it with both endings, but there is quite a bit of optional stuff that has nothing to do with the main quest line.)

As for the VGCats post, I wouldn't put much faith into what some obviously pissed off kid posts on a second-rate web comic forum. I think this guy's main problem is that it's not Final Fantasy, plus he doesn't seem to know much about the game either. He complains about constantly being attacked by low level monsters and having no way to deal with it, yet in the game there is a spell you can get and item you can use to stop weaker monsters from attacking you. Most of your younger RPG players are used to save points every other screen, full mana/health when you touch them, mind-blowing full motion video movies, uber-powerful special moves where giant monsters come flying in and annihilate their enemies, etc. Dragon Quest 8 is old school, and it shows. Damn kids are used to having everything handed to them.
[img]smile.gif[/img]

And...I'm sorry, but VGCats just sucks ass anyways. Hopefully that doesn't offend anyone, as it's just my opinion.

Glycerine
Glycerine_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 02:13 PM   #23
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

*wakes up*

Quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar:
Arx 2 became that dark messiah of might and magic game ziroc.
Say what? Where'd I miss that juicy bit of news?

I'm gonna have to start paying more attention...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #24
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Glycerine_74:
If you enjoy Final Fantasy type RPGs and have plenty of time to kill, you owe it to yourself to try DragonQuest 8. I put over 90 hours into it, and still have more stuff to do. (Although I did finish it with both endings, but there is quite a bit of optional stuff that has nothing to do with the main quest line.)

As for the VGCats post, I wouldn't put much faith into what some obviously pissed off kid posts on a second-rate web comic forum. I think this guy's main problem is that it's not Final Fantasy, plus he doesn't seem to know much about the game either. He complains about constantly being attacked by low level monsters and having no way to deal with it, yet in the game there is a spell you can get and item you can use to stop weaker monsters from attacking you. Most of your younger RPG players are used to save points every other screen, full mana/health when you touch them, mind-blowing full motion video movies, uber-powerful special moves where giant monsters come flying in and annihilate their enemies, etc. Dragon Quest 8 is old school, and it shows. Damn kids are used to having everything handed to them.
[img]smile.gif[/img]

And...I'm sorry, but VGCats just sucks ass anyways. Hopefully that doesn't offend anyone, as it's just my opinion.

Glycerine
Dragon Quest 8 STILL isn't out in europe yet, which is disappointing. I think it's coming out in April IIRC. It's certainly on my list of potential purchases, infact it's very likely I will buy it a few months after it's release. I will probably trade in some Gamecube games I never play, so hopefully I will only have to pay about £5
Old 03-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #25
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I saw it for $20 so i bought "Shadow Hearts: Covenant" and i am really enjoying it so far. Its a RP game set right around World War 1, but it mixes in magic and some other stuff. it made me give up "from Russia with love" and FF2. and I also bought armored core 3 with it and I haven't even thought of touching it yet. so I will keep you posted and if anyone has any input on the game let me know