Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2000, 02:42 AM   #1
Manifest

But you see, I got so carried away clearin the keep, and huntin dragons, and killing evil druids,and raising money for the shadow theives I forgot I was carrying a corpse around with me.
I dont want this to ruin my Jaheria romance, is there any way I can use shadow keeper or something to save him?

Old 12-05-2000, 02:47 AM   #2
Armisael

Didn't the smell tip you off? I wasn't aware Renfeld could die, I mean technically he's only an item. Does the description change, or what?

Old 12-05-2000, 04:56 AM   #3
TLan

He can die and the description does change, at least I think it does. But yes, he can die, I have seen it..

First time I got him I went back rather fast - picked him up while heading to de'Arnise castle, cleaned the castle and went back and delivered him - he was then alive.

Second time I was playing with my paladin when I again bumped into him while heading to de'Arnise castle. I did pick him up, but I somehow forgot him soon enough.. It took quite some time and quests before I "accidentally found" him in my inventory and went to deliver him. Apparently the dialogue was different and he was dead. Ehh, was walzing around with the corpse in me pocket.. I didn't though see any change in Jaheira's mood, or Harpers so I don't know about the "messing up relations" tied to that poor fella.

In both cases I got nicely into the Harper Hold etc, Jaheira didn't hate me either. Not that I know how "far" she will go loving me heheh.. I played to the end with her, heck even dumped Aerie for her Question is, how far do the relations in game go? Just stays on the talk level, or up to bells and whistles and wedding dresses?

Old 12-05-2000, 05:07 AM   #4
Armisael

Somewhere in between. There's nothing incredibly spectacular about it though - by this I mean there's no cutscene that would alter the game's content rating.

Old 12-05-2000, 03:43 PM   #5
Manifest

yeah but do I normally get into the harpers hideout through renfield letting me in right? well how am i going to get in now?