Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 01:07 AM   #1
DBear
Drow Warrior

http://comics.ign.com/articles/688/688140p1.html

WonderCon '06: Holy Terror, Batman!
Batman kicks Al Qaeda's ass. Frank Miller's talks about upcoming book.

by Hilary Goldstein

Quote:
February 12, 2006 - During his WonderCon panel, Frank Miller discussed his next graphic novel. Once again, Miller returns to the world of the Batman, this time with Holy Terror, Batman!. Though the title plays with Robin's classic catchphrase, the book deals with a serious subject. Gotham has been attacked by Al Qaeda and Batman sets out to defend the city he loves. The book, which Miller has inked through 120 pages, is expected to run roughly 200 pages total.

Miller proudly announced the title of his next Batman book, which he will write, draw and ink. Holy Terror, Batman! is no joke. And Miller doesn't hold back on the true purpose of the book, calling it "a piece of propoganda," where 'Batman kicks al Qaeda's ass."

The reason for this work, Miller said, was "an explosion from my gut reaction of what's happening now." He can't stand entertainers who lack the moxie of their '40s counterparts who stood up to Hitler. Holy Terror is "a reminder to people who seem to have forgotten who we're up against."

It's been a long time since heroes were used in comics as pure propaganda. As Miller reminded, "Superman punched out Hitler. So did Captain America. That's one of the things they're there for."

"These are our folk heroes," Miller said. "It just seems silly to chase around the Riddler when you've got Al Qaeda out there."
If done right, this could be awesome...
Old 02-15-2006, 04:03 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Indeed!

I still remember the 9/11 comic books released, and the Spiderman all black cover one.. I have it in mint cond. I plan to show it to my kids (when we have kids). [img]smile.gif[/img]

It was very sad to read--even for a 'comic'.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:14 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>In general, anything done by Frank Miller is awesome! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:48 AM   #4
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

wow, it nice to see something being put to good purpose like this, leave it to frank miller, and about punching out hitler, captain america OK I can totally see that, but superman, a little odd.