Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2003, 07:05 PM   #1
Heron
Dungeon Master

This is insane.....I cannot find (expert)staff, leather,shield, and Mind magic....they are just no where to be found. --------------------Also, my Crusader cannot learn perception and that sucks cause I put skills into it lol. -----

--------- By the way , if there are any newbs ---DO NOT--I REPEAT do not go into Clankers Lab --(I am an Explorer)-- in Tullarean Forest if u are semi-low lvl.... I was just exploring and i happened into it and (magogs,gogs are easy as with the golems)----except for the Gold Golem who I nearly killed, but that darn thing Butchered me.
Heron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 07:35 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

expert staff and expert leather is Withermythe at Harmondale near the stable. expert mind magic is Julian at Erathia near the tavern.

just use implosion on golem, stay far away from them because they'll explode upon dying. I recommend you to visit and ransack clankers lab because there is a good artifact there. it's an amulet +40 to alchemy.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 04:02 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Perception skill is one of the least useful skills. Helps you not get diseased when you loot garbage piles, and can make secret doors and trigger switches show up, but little else. Supposedly a high perception helps you avoid damage from traps and the like, but I've never tested it to be sure. An expert level is all you really need; I've seen no advantage to anything else.

As for Clankers' Lab, it can really be a challenging place for the low-level party. Make sure you have decent fire protection before going in, and be sure to take them on one at a time if possible. I like to draw one beastie out of a room at a time, then move to a place where it and I can do battle and the others stay penned in the original room. This works for the room up the stairs from the entry room.

Most of the expert skills are in Harmondale, Erathia, and Tularean Forest, at least for armor, weapons, and misc. Expert magical types tend towards Avlee and Erathia, IIRC.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 05:03 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Grandmaster perception have a perception power of 10000. as the game pick a number from 0 to 20 perception power for your character to get trap damage. A character with grandmaster perception will avoid 98% of trap damage all the time. In fact from my experience, character with grandmaster perception never been hit by any trap damage at all.
Old 04-12-2003, 10:43 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

But if you've got GM perception, shouldn't you have someone in the party who can open a chest decently? And shouldn't you be able to see the trigger squares to avoid setting off unnecessary traps (not that there are any necessary ones)?

I still think it's largely a useless skill. I'd rather apply the points elsewhere. But to each his own... I've also never had a character get GM perception, and my opinion might change if I did.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 12:24 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

acher can grandmaster perception but acher can't learn diasrm trap. thief can grandmaster trap but only master at perception. so in truth since thief can disarm trap, perception is useless. which in turn, you got a point there.

however, if i remember correctly, there's a place in the game where only grandmaster perception can show. can't remember where.