Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 07-18-2001, 10:41 PM   #1
Flamer
Dungeon Master

If you guys can answer these I would be eternally grateful
1. How do you backstab with Yoshimo or Imoen?
2. When do romance start?
3. Which NPC'S should I get at the Copper Coronet?
4. Which members of my party should I dump when I get NPC's and Imion back?
Old 07-18-2001, 11:01 PM   #2
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

A:

1) Hide in shadows, then position your theif behind the target, then just click attack. This does between 2 times and 5 times normal damage.

2) They should start automatically however they are effected by race, alignment, and reputation. A paladin with a rep of 20 will immidiately hit it off with Aerie but doesn't stand a chance with Viconia. If you are a half-orc you can *only* have a relationship with Vic.

3) Depends on your party alingment... Korgan is a great evil fighter, Anomen can go either way (you'll see in time), Aerie and nalia make great good mages though if you plan to take Imoen don't take them both (3 mages is too many). It depends on how you are playing and what kind of party you want to create.

BTW your choice at the start of the game is limited as you travel around from place to place you'll meet new people who can join your party. Most of all just experiment, if any your memebers aren't happy they may leave of their own accord.

4) 'Backstab with Yoshimo or Imoen' er... that's kinda implying that you have Yoshimo in your party... um... er... It may be a good idea to take a full party of 6 people including Yoshi and then when you pick Imoen up you can decide which member of your crew you want to dump , after all you can always change your mind and go and pick them up again

*ICS-NE ON THE OSHIMO EY FORUM PEEPS*

Hope that helped...

[This message has been edited by Ace Flashheart (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 11:38 PM   #3
Flamer
Dungeon Master

two more questions....
1.How many quests are in Chapter 2 and which are the good ones?
2.Who is better? Nalia, Imoen or Aerie?

Ok 3 questions but please answer...
Old 07-19-2001, 12:32 AM   #4
Floraowe
The Magister

Aerie is GREAT as a backup mage. She has a fantastic array of spells, being a multi mage/cleric, but on the downside you have to be very careful with her, as she's very low on hitpoints.

Nalia and Imoen are pretty much on a par as far as mage skills go, both having 17 int. I prefer Imoen, myself, just because she's been with me since BG1.

Old 07-19-2001, 12:46 AM   #5
Ace Flashheart
Manshoon

Go imoen... she and Nalia have identical spellcasting ability but Imoen is also a half way decent theif which Nalia is not... just don't wait too long before you go off to get imoen, when you find her she is lvl 9-12 depending on your level so if you plan to use her it's best to not do too many of the subquests first or the rest of your guys will toattly outgun her and there will be nomore quests to build up her exp level.
Old 07-19-2001, 09:18 AM   #6
starloc
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aerie is clearly the best choice! She has awesome spells and the best looks in the game

------------------
"Cry Havok, and let loose the dogs of war!"
Julius Ceasar, William Shakepeare
Old 07-19-2001, 10:16 AM   #7
Flamer
Dungeon Master

OK another question (hehehehe)

Which should I do first and which pays off more? Windspear Hills quest or Nalias keep?
Old 07-19-2001, 10:43 AM   #8
Flamer
Dungeon Master

why do none of my puzzles work?
first the wand/key/pillar one in the dungeons now the sewar puzzle with the four items and the pipes with a good sword as a reward. Is it my computer? or am I doing it wrong?
Old 07-19-2001, 10:48 AM   #9
Flamer
Dungeon Master

how do you put the items in the pipes???
Old 07-19-2001, 11:54 AM   #10
Seid
Manshoon

Windspear hills pays 10,000 gold. Nalia's quest pays about 500 g. if you ask for reward, if you don't it pays 10,000 gold.

------------------
You cannot escape the inevitable.