Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2001, 12:14 AM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I too know how you feel when nobody is responding, but I am not a very good responder myself, so I deserve it and am fine with it. As for you Gabriel, I am sure you are a great person, and I apopogize if I haven't said anything to you when I should have (at the on-topics, I don't go to off-topics that often). Hope you don't leave anyway, but if you do, I bid you a farewell.

For those of you that are a little annyoed when I don't respond immediately, it is because I go to the forum, write something, leave, and come back after some hours or the next day.
Old 02-25-2001, 12:18 AM   #2
Tobbin_OHF

That's ok el_kalkylus, we know that people have lives other than the board on here. It's just welcome to see you come back time after time.

Old 02-25-2001, 12:48 AM   #3
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Thank you everyone for your support...but I've come to realise the problem is at my end ie with me, not any fault of anyone here.
I will be gone for a while to work somethings out.
Old 02-25-2001, 12:52 AM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Gabriel- The board will be here when you work things out. Good that you answered! At least now everyone knows you've seen their posts for you.
Old 02-25-2001, 12:54 AM   #5
MORDRICK THE MAD
The Magister

I just think I should point something out that me not have occured to you if your down in the dumps(hell I am most of the time, you should see where I live), If you dont think anyone notices you from my experiance excluding myself all of the uber members of this board have replied to you and noone has had a bad word to say bout ya, so go if you must but dont stay gone for to long.

TTFN MTM.
Old 02-25-2001, 02:36 AM   #6
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I am leaving this board…………my reasons are below:

When I joined this board, on the 12-09-2000. It seemed a friendly place, a few off topic thread…and lots of people being help. I thought I just finished the game and have a lot of free time, just being fired and all, might as well help people. Pretty soon I joined in with the off topic threads...and managed to piss people off...and so I stayed out of it for a while. Later I returned, and had some trouble at my end, so I had a different name, which was welcomed by some...but ignored at other times. Then I joined in with the first Black Knight thread, and I had some recognition… but only there...after the crash I try to put the pieces together again, but I didn’t seem to get much response at all, and was dogged by a post a made at a time of great stress....so I recreated my alias, I know people knew it was me...but I escaped the comments for a while. After receiving some comments, on my poetry, I started a new thread, but another post appeared…and mine even with my attempts to revive it peaked at 20...while the new thread spawned continuance and I have to admit I was bitter. Then I saw the next part of the lovers’ tale, and I joined in…only to, what seem to me, be asked to leave...confusion I wrote my self out completely. I stayed away from off topics a while, working on my attempt at a site, but I returned to a thread, wanting to create a guild to oppose the OHF, I though it might be fun and joined..only to find nearly everyone wanting to kill the founder, leaving me a the other members standing there…after a terrible day, I considered leaving this forum completely...and returning today, to say sorry for my outburst..I find only one person noticed it anyway. Adding to my reasons why I should leave...I am none presence...I post and am rarely heard. I give nothing to the board, and so my leaving will change nothing. In fact this entire post was pointless I guess.......I meant it as a lesson but what can you learn, I was welcomed at times, brought in made a part of it I guess...So the problem must rest with me...like so many others things...my leaving is my fault...another mistake...of so many......Goodbye.
Old 02-25-2001, 02:59 AM   #7
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Gabriel--
Don't leave
I didn't see your outburst today, but welcomed you into our vain attempt at overthrowing the OHF. I too sometimes feel like leaving the board but only find myself coming back over and over. The way I look at the forum is this: Every single person on here will say "stay" to anybody that wants to leave, however it becomes too little too late for some people. 'We' say that everybody is welcome in off-topic threads, but it really just becomes a discussion of a few individuals and the rest of 'us' are left replying to our own posts. Newbies are always welcome and replied to, b/c they are newbies.....however I think cliques have formed and while you may feel like jumping in and joining the discussion you will only be ignored, or if you are lucky, get one reply. I guess what I am trying to say is this (to you and everybody!): we welcome newcomers with eagerness and open-arms but lets not forget those that are veterans but don't post 20 times a day. It is becoming a sad reality that many people are feeling isolated, ignored, and harassed to the point that they feel it is better to leave. Some discussions are (and should be) two or three sided, but for those truly off-topic (love-story, OHF vs Evil, etc....) everybody should be welcome, respected, and replied too. It is too bad that someone has to announce their "retirement" to be noticed. I for one do not want you to leave Gabriel....as I do not want anyone to leave!!!!
Old 02-25-2001, 03:22 AM   #8
Tobbin_OHF

Gabriel, please don't leave. I know exactly how you feel. When I first came here, it seemed that all I was getting from people was negative responses. For awhile, I got tired of it and just stopped coming to the board. Then later I came back and things seemed a little better. People still weren't talking to me, but then it's my viewpoint that people get kind of in a clique. They make friends to people on the board and after awhile, kind of mainly look for that person. I've never been like that myself though. I try to view everyone like I would if I met them in real life. When I see a post, I try to respond to it. Just like this one. I don't know what happened in the "overthrowing OHF" thread, but nobody took it to heart. At least, I didn't. I thought it was cool that you were offering to join Hellfire and I kind of liked the fallen Angel analogy that we came up with. Recently, I had decided to leave the board too because life started to get kinda demanding. Really rough times. But I really missed talking to my friend Wolfgir and Moraines help with the songs, and especially starting to get to know Ladyzekke. You just have to have patience with the board. Lots of posts lately and a lot of people are getting lost in the mix. I'm just saying that your absence will be known. I was looking forward to seeing more of your posts. Please don't go.

I would just like to add that your poems were good too btw. Just because you get critical remarks about what you write, doesn't mean it's bad. It just means that someone didn't get what you were saying. Sometimes you have to live through something to really understand what someone else is saying. Don't ever give up on your heart. If words help you find expression, you should follow them.

Old 02-25-2001, 04:10 AM   #9
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Gabriel

It's not true that you don't offer anything to the board! You help lots of people! You answer questions and help start continuations of threads. You offer advise and interesting poems and all sort of good role-play ideas!

I don't undersand why you felt left out of the bk threads but I'm sorry you do feel that way. Nobody asked you to leave! It must be a misunderstanding, Gabriel! And I know people very much appreciate your participation in any thread. You were very imaginative and created interesting turns in that and the OHf threads! As for the 'killing the founder' part, I can only speak for myself, but I guess I still thought of Gabriel as the nice 'good' person from other threads and well, it's hard to 'kill' off a friend! That and timing of when I could get to the board. If I'd had more time I know I'd have included you in my 'revenge' spells, honest! Others would too, I'm sure!

Sometimes it's the timing of all of the posts (and where people are in times zones) that just gets mixed up. Its easy to miss a few posts with so much on the board.

I feel like I am to blame in some part and I don't know how to make it right. Maybe I should leave? Would it help?
Please think about staying? Lots of people will be hoping you reply to all of us, who'll miss you.

Cloudbringer
Old 02-25-2001, 04:44 AM   #10
Rikard_OHF
Beholder

how very strange
Gabriel one of the people i began to like on this forum decites to leave
becoz of lack of attention
If you had to leave if you weren't notest i had to leave 50 times already
So stay
I see no reason for you leaving