Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-16-2002, 12:22 PM   #1
Storm Shadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi, this is a new game for me. I am still traversing the area around the Nymph Lake. I found a house labeled the Fortune Teller. Is this the place the barkeeper speaks of when he warns that no one knows how to get to the hoard under the boathouse? Anyway, I made a mistake and killed the fortune teller before talking to her. Was that a bad move?
Storm Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 12:32 PM   #2
moonraker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I would say that's a bad move. She's involved later in a quest for one of the guilds. Now, I not much farther into the game than you are so if you don't have a recent save don't freak out. Maybe someone else can tell you a way around this.
moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 12:51 PM   #3
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

**SPOILER**
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
Besides getting the quest from the guild, once completed the quest she opens the floor of her house and in it is a vault full of gold + gems for you. Every time i play, though, i kill her, not worth all the walking. (you will see)
Old 06-16-2002, 01:12 PM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

Naah, I wouldnīt call it a mistake. The only thing is that you canīt complete one of the wizard guild quests in Valeia. Quest items have a habit of not appearing until you have gotten the quest. Now, if you really want to complete that quest Wyv (=Wyvern) can probably help you with that (if you ask real nice, lol). To quote her own words when troubles are a brewing:
Quote:
Just visit Wyvern's Emporium of Lost and Unobtainable Items!
If anyone can fix anything, itīs Wyv!

ps. Iīm not trying to increase your workload on purpose, Wyv!!
Old 06-16-2002, 01:17 PM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

And hereīs a bit of a spoiler warning! Donīt read beyond these lines if you donīt want to, lol!

The fortune teller has the "Orb of Clarity which is a quest item for a wizards guild quest. You exchange the serpentīs wand for the orb. I usually end up killing her for it, my barbarianīs diplomatic skills arenīt that great. So if you got the quest thereīs no need to worry because sheīll drop the orb as she dies. If you donīt have the quest, then you donīt get an orb.

[ 06-16-2002, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]
Old 06-16-2002, 01:35 PM   #6
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

I don't know if your playing.. patched or not patched..( or if it makes a difference )...But unpatched, Harespia does drop the 'Orb of Clarity' when you kill her, even if you don't have the quest from Roendalf.

So if you have the 'Orb', you can can still do the quest.

[ 06-16-2002, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 06-16-2002, 05:20 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
If anyone can fix anything, itīs Wyv!

ps. Iīm not trying to increase your workload on purpose, Wyv!!
Lol!! No prob! Not sure I have the code that one but generally (given my VAST collection of saved games) easily found. My only real difficulty these days is handling the large file attachments. Didn't used to be a problem and I can't figure out what changed.
I can still work around it! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 06:14 PM   #8
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

One thing all of us forgot to mention.

Welcome to board Storm Shadow!!!!
Old 06-17-2002, 06:12 AM   #9
Radek
Red Dragon

I've never killed Harepsia. I have heard that she drops the orb when you kill her. If so then keep the orb for later use. More about the orb in the unpatched game:
1. You do not need the quest. You can exchange the orb for the staff even without the quest. Therefore, she should have dropped the orb when you kill her.
2. The orb survives Reset Adventures (!)
3. The orb looks like Amulet of Life. Rose gem on a thin chain.
4. You cannot use the orb anyhow even if a mage or a warlock can equip it.
5. Killing Harepsia = losing an ankh in the chest under the house. Except the ankh, the chest does not contain anything too interesting.
6. Telling the fortune: she wants 300 gold but she takes nothing. You can come to her even without gold at all.
7. You must type in "Orb of Clarity" when you ask about the orb. You do not need to have your fortune told before asking about the orb. Decline her offer saying "no" and then ask about the orb. This saves your time and nerves.