Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 11:46 PM   #1
CatsMeowCentral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

HELP!! I've swum through the channel, killed the werewolves and looted the chests. However, the gate leading to Goshin's lair will NOT open. From the last time I played this game, it seems to me he should have come storming out on his own. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Also, in the dungeon where a winglatch opens some cell doors, there is another gate leading down somewhere. It also will not open. I THINK it may be the exit from Goshin's lair but I really don't remember.

I've never had this happen before and I have played the game a number of times. I have downloaded the patch if that makes any difference.

Thanks.
CatsMeowCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 08:40 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, CatsMeowCentral!!!

As I recall, when you swim through the channel that takes you to the wolf lair Goshin does just come at you once you've entered the room. I'm not certain what is causing your problem but what you might try is exiting Skull Castle and saving and reentering and trying again. It seems that sometimes something gets a little off (such as folks getting through the underwater tunnel in the Serpent Temple on their way to get the snake idol) and exiting the whole dungeon and saving seems to help.

I hope it will help you! If not, please let us know!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 12:48 PM   #3
CatsMeowCentral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, Wyv, but I've already done that. Many, many times. Anyone else know what's up? This is my first very-difficult-Spawn often-Solo journey. I would really, really hate to have to start all over again.

I've been on the forum before. But you moved. lol I had to find you.
CatsMeowCentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 01:33 PM   #4
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

OK. Normally you pop out of the water and are attacked by three werewolves wearing blue pants. After killing them you continue on into the large room with two chests at the far end and the grate on the left.

At this point I've had some a couple of variations based on my party's actions:

1) I wiped out Mr. Two-Heads before he could open the gate from inside. That eliminated the only walking way out and I was stuck.

2) Goshin opens the gate and says a few words before attacking with poison gas. Eliminate him, the gate re-opens, and there are two winglatches inside - one is broken (the one he used) and the other opens the grate at the far end (the other winglatch you mentioned) which leads to the cistern area.

If nothing works, my recommendation is to bypass this quest and continue on. I often have with no adverse effects.

Regards,

Xignal
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2001, 01:44 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Cats!!

Glad you were able to track us down!

If you want to complete this quest but don't have a save game to reload prior to these problems arising I still may be able to help. If I can find the code for the shield, I can hack you one BUT I'm behind on my hacking for players at the moment due to illness Hope to get caught back up this week. If you want to go this route, email me and be patient!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote