Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2003, 10:05 PM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I don't know why but I absolutely hate using word processors, long story short, I’m wondering if you think the following message will or won't be worthy of sending to a long-since haven't seen friend of mine. The last time I saw him I was in the 8th grade, and he was in 9th. He's in college starting this year, same as me because I graduated early. Now I’m unsure of just how to react to the guy's letter because it's been 3 years since I've even spoken a word to the guy and would like some opinions as to whether I'm coming off strong or need to lighten it or something:

well here goes:

Hey to you too,

_ _ _ _ _ Well it sure has been a while since we've spoken. I'm sorry that you haven't been able to reach my E-mail address. I still use the i_boswell@hotmail.com adress, but if you'd rather contact me at a more reliable inbox I also have a special e-mail adress which is i_boswell@trigun.com . Dad's glad to hear you finally got around to your trumpet solo, 'Amazing Grace' must have been a really fun number to do, especially after preparing for it for so long. Making mistakes is what learning is all about, even if you had totally botched up the first minute of the song it at least would have left a memory. The high-school band has grown allot, though I'm not sure if that is a good thing, seeing as so many of them either misbehave or don't even know how to play. Your band sounds quite fun; kind of like in the movie ‘Drum Line’. High school was great down here. That's something I've been meaning to tell you; I graduated early last year, around the same time as you. Miss Bruce was actually the one I have to thank for setting everything in motion, even though she transferred to Germany my senior year, I really have to thank her for setting me up with two English classes the next year. I'm, right now, attending online courses at Troy State University, and have been for about five months now. I’m majoring in Computer Science. 'big surprise there' I graduated from high-school with a C too, in Spanish though, physics wasn’t really a requirement, and I’m not a big fan of the way things work. I prefer to simply make things happen through instruction and coding. ^_^ I’ve been busy programming games and my own physics engines on my 700XL. Yes, I finally switched operating systems. I’m sure Bill will gladly laugh maniacally when he hears I bought a Gateway. The new Apple OS X was very disappointing, too much Linux in it. It’s really neat to hear about you and Jessica, I haven’t really managed to find any special someone myself, though there are some lady friends from message boards and online games that I keep in contact with, nothing so far as to call ‘dating’ has occurred in my life just yet. Being out of high school is a lonely experience at first but if you keep in touch with the people you already know who’re going through the same experiences as you, you can pretty much stay active and in touch with the world. I have somewhere around 900 people on my MSN messenger list, about 1/4 of them are from GTMO, though my social life has, for the most part, been restricted to online games, I do occasionally get out for a game of Battle Tech or Dungeons and Dragons, which had become such a major hobby of mine starting senior year I even spend some time online playing it too. Around the Base I pretty much carry out odd-jobs like designing websites for people and mostly keep my work to being computer related. Living it GTMO while going to college has a lot of advantages, 4 other Seniors are staying as well, besides I’m not even 18 yet and can’t use a Credit Card. There are a lot of things I want to tell you about, but I’ll reserve them for E-mail, after all, this letter has gotten long enough as it is. It’s really great to hear from you, just the other day I was wondering what you were up to and was planning on writing a letter to you as well, then it occurred to me that you’d be in college too and might not even be anywhere near the address of yours I had.
My dad’s E-mail address is now ----------@cuba.odedodea.edu, and Mrs. Bruce can be reached at ---------- . I’m sure she’ll be overjoyed to hear from you. My addresses once again are i_boswell@hotmail.com The Preferred address to send to, and my Animenation address i_boswell@trigun.com . I hope to hear from you soon via E-mail. I also use MSN messenger (hotmail address) and ICQ (# 65703695) if you want to contact me through them. It’s really been great to hear from you, thanks for sending the letter ^_^. Talk to you later then!
~That Guy from Cuba
~Ian
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Good, bad, stupid, you tell me if you think I should add in anything or make some changes...
Old 01-23-2003, 10:10 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
You should have told him to bring beer when you hook up.
Old 01-23-2003, 10:35 PM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Well I think it's a great letter [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2003, 10:37 PM   #4
Animal
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
You should have told him to bring beer when you hook up.
And Babes!

[ 01-23-2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Animal ]
Old 01-23-2003, 11:22 PM   #5
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

I have a suggestion: Paragraph.

I don't know about you guys but I hate reading long mail enclosed within a single paragraph. Try to split the letter in different paragraphs. For example:

Hi, how are you..................bla............
...................bla..................bla.....
bla.............

I watched this interesting movie las night......
bla.............................................
.......bla.......bla.......................

Oh this remind me of.......bla.......bla........
bla.........................bla.................
........bla...................................

The letter will be more managable and less pain to read, IMO.
Old 01-24-2003, 12:14 AM   #6
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Paladin2000:
I have a suggestion: Paragraph.

I don't know about you guys but I hate reading long mail enclosed within a single paragraph. Try to split the letter in different paragraphs. For example:
The letter will be more managable and less pain to read, IMO.
Actually It's split into 5 paragraphs in MS word, I sort of copied and pasted it and well forums dont let you actually post paragraphs [img]tongue.gif[/img] Try to indent with tab and you select another button [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2003, 01:25 AM   #7
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Oh, my mistake then. [img]smile.gif[/img]