Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2001, 01:48 AM   #1
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I Came across this short story when I was in the library one day and it struck me as sort of clever so I decided to share it with you all to see what you think of it..
I didnt write this story, but unfortunately I cant remember who did, so no credit is given here.

Little Wendy was the cleverest, prettiest and meanest girl in her school. She had lots of friends, mainly because it was better to be a friend rather than her victim.
She'd go around in the halls and pick on the new kids in school that had not been given the chance to align themselves with her yet. For example, she'd go up to a little girl with all her friends in tow and say, "My my, what is this? Is it a rat? Phew, its got fleas! We don't mix with rats do we?", to which her friends would all nod and murmur about fleas.
Little Wendy was absoultely perfect. She had the prettiest clothes, and the best family, and got the best grades. Her mother was concerned about her mean-ness, but her father, a military man, said that it was all a part of growing up and did nothing. She got good grades, and the grades were all that mattered.
One day Wendy was walking along to school when she saw an ugly little snail in her way. Looking around, she walked up to the snail and said to herself,"My, my, what an ugly creature! Its blocking my way! I shall just have to crush it."
Just as she was about to bring her perfect heel down onto its slimy shell, the snail cried out in a tiny voice, "No! Please dont crush me!" Intruiged, Wendy bent over and said to the snail,"Tell me why you deserve to live, pitiful little creature!"
The snail was silent for a moment, and then said ,"If you spare me, I shall grant you three wishes of your choosing!" Wendy shook her head, and said,"I dont believe you! I'm just going to crush you!" The snail cried again,"No please! Try me!"
Wendy hesitated, then said, "I wish I had a pair of nice pearl earrings!". She felt her ears, and there they were! Amazed, thoughts began to fly through her head. A cure for cancer, perhaps, or a stop to all wars! She had the power to make everything right in the world!
"I wish I had a pair of roller skates!" she said to the snail. Suddenly, she slipped, and landed on her back, peering at a set of brand-new rollerskates on her feet. "Not here silly! In the closet in my room!" she cried to the snail. Instantly, they were gone. She had no doubt however, that they were at the back of her closet. She made a mental note to check as soon as she got home, just in case.
The snail, who had been silent until this point, said in its tiny voice,"And your third wish?" Just then, the bell rang from the school. Realising she had wasted too much time with the snail, she ran, not wanting to tarnish her perfect record.
As she slipped into the classroom, she realised that the class had already started upon a math test, and she was 5 minutes late! Grumbling to herself, she said, "That darn snail wasted too much of my time!" Hurriedly starting on the paper, she moaned, "Oh bother! I wish I were dead!"

------------------
No-Name Face