Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-09-2004, 12:42 AM   #21
Chris of the Dale
The Magister

Go ou...outsi...outside and find f...f...friends? And brave the sunlight? I'll burn my retinas, do you have any clue how long I've been in my hole? [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
Old 12-09-2004, 02:31 AM   #22
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Hey, Aelia, what's a "dunnie?"
Old 12-09-2004, 02:40 AM   #23
wellard
Dracolisk

Light Bulb

Quote:
Originally posted by Dron_Cah:
Hey, Aelia, what's a "dunnie?"
Australian for toilet

Before the advent of indoor toilets life could be pretty scary using an outdoor toilet downunder. Spiders and snakes used to love them [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 12-09-2004, 05:37 AM   #24
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

...born in the 60's and I agree with most of it. I can still drink from the garden hose!
Old 12-09-2004, 11:28 AM   #25
Sythe
Ra

I knew it! The moment I clicked the topic it smelled "old" right away. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

And don't chastise Q'alooaith for speaking the truth folks. Many people say the 50's were the best time, especially in the U.S., while some people were living the "good times" others were living in a ghetto, didn't have access to many privliges etc. I think I will stop right now. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 12-10-2004, 06:43 AM   #26
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Damn, the garden hose.. is froze! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-11-2004, 07:21 PM   #27
Malthaussen
Manshoon

Like the song says, "These are the good old days." Fact is, for every generation, the GOD's usually pivot around the 15-25 period (with a progressively more nostalgic look at childhood as the individual ages... I remember kids, and they (we) were rotten little buggers...). I have to keep laughing my head off as my generation continues to act more and more like the generation against whom they "rebelled" every year. Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose.

And I was born when there were still only 48 states.

-- Mal
Old 12-13-2004, 09:05 AM   #28
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
OK, I agree with a lot of this, and I'm not yet 30 (and don't look or act like I'm on the brink of 30-dom....)

HOWEVER, as I was saying... I played in the street, riding bikles, jumping ramps (sometimes higher that I was tall) and I fell down and got road rash and/or bashed my head. bashed my head. bashed my head and NOTHING is wrong with a little head bashing. Nowadays, everyone has tripped out on the safety thing so much that kids wear helmets and knee pads and elbow pads and diapers (really, who in their RIGHT MIND would have thier kid on a commercial saying they wear a diaper (and these kids were like 10 or at least 8.... [img]graemlins/1disgust.gif[/img] ))

the "group" or generation or whatever you wanna label me as was taught by people like you, Arvon, and the wise lessons we learned were that if you wanna ride a tricycle off the 6 foot high porch of you neighbor and fall and bash yer head, then go ahead... you hopefully will learn that you don't want to do it TWICE. We learned that if you misbehave, you will be corrected, physically if necessary (Ultimately we learned we are responsible for our own actions, which is NOT taught anymore (put yer kid in timeout, anyone???))
We learned that in a game/competition/real life that not everyone gets to win, and therefore if you really want something you better get out and give 'em hell trying to get it. We learned that if you got "beef" with someone, go handle it (and that does NOT mean go shoot them down, that means go duke it out... way too many of the younger crowd are way too scared to take a beating so that way too many go and shoot eachother. thats 100% for real wimp stuff right there.)

Now, other than that we learned plenty else, but can't remember the lessons because we suffered way to much from bashing our heads.

I really agree with the wimps thing, tho.
SilentThief