Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-22-2003, 03:11 PM   #21
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Well, Sever, our summers can get above 100 degrees - that's in Farenheit not celcius. Now add 100% humidity to the mix and you get the idea: Hot, sticky, sweltering. But where I am from the summer days are often in the mid to high 80's on the average with tons of humidity. However, if you are in the south try months on end with heat and humiduty with some nights never dropping out of the 80 degree mark.

I lived in Houston, Texas for 5 years and the running joke was that Labor Day Early September)marked that half-way point for the summers there. The heat and humidity are relentless there.

By the way, Wellard, ever since I was a kid I always wanted to visit your country.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:12 PM   #22
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:

Shorttracking right ? A fairly new olympic sport, and if i'm not mistaken the Americans, Koreans, and Japanese were the big favourites for the gold. Correct me if i'm wrong. So this Aussie must have been quite a shocker then ?
Uh *cough* quite

I'm cold this morning! I think it's probably 9 degrees or something. It can get down to 3 or 4 in the night here, but it's more common to be 5 or 6. During the day, depending on the wind and whether the sun's out, the max is usually around 23-25. Certainly not snow weather.
Old 06-22-2003, 05:25 PM   #23
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
So Aussies can't skate ? Or ski ?
Oh Johnny! You should know that unlike the jamican bob sleigh team, at the last winter olympics we won gold at skating [img]smile.gif[/img] No sport is to obscure in this desert country for us to win gold in [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Wow you guys actually won a gold medal for skating ?? How did that happen did they all fall over or something stupid like that ?
Old 06-22-2003, 06:06 PM   #24
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
So Aussies can't skate ? Or ski ?
Oh Johnny! You should know that unlike the jamican bob sleigh team, at the last winter olympics we won gold at skating [img]smile.gif[/img] No sport is to obscure in this desert country for us to win gold in [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Wow you guys actually won a gold medal for skating ?? How did that happen did they all fall over or something stupid like that ? [/QUOTE]Come now Lanesra - the elements that all champion athletes need to succeed are ability, skill, drive, and PERSISTENCE [img]smile.gif[/img] . Steve Bradbury was testament to the rewards that can come from persistence .
Old 06-22-2003, 07:20 PM   #25
Grendal
Manshoon

Arrow

Wow.. some o you aussies should spend a winter in northern Ontario! -42c with a windchill, snow up between your hips and shoulders! Brrrrr! Im glad Im back on the West coast! Rains ALOT easier to shovel! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2003, 08:38 PM   #26
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Grendal:
Wow.. some o you aussies should spend a winter in northern Ontario! -42c with a windchill, snow up between your hips and shoulders! Brrrrr! Im glad Im back on the West coast! Rains ALOT easier to shovel! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Ouch! [img]redface.gif[/img]
I can't even begin to imagine how freezing that is!
Old 06-23-2003, 12:49 AM   #27
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Sydney winters are generally dry and cool. If it's sunny and not windy it is often quite warm in direct sunlight. Winter days on a north facing balcony are often quite pleasant.
Old 06-23-2003, 04:03 AM   #28
Donut
Jack Burton

[quote]Originally posted by Davros:
Quote:
[qb]
Steve Bradbury - gold medal - mens short track skating
Oh purleeze!

Atishoo! Atishoo! We all fall down!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 06-23-2003, 08:31 AM   #29
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Quote:
[qb]
Steve Bradbury - gold medal - mens short track skating
Oh purleeze!