Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-06-2001, 05:15 AM   #1
Vampire

I would like to ask you to consider changing the ranking system for over 2000 posts. With all these weird Egyptian ranks, I along with others feel we should change them to more suiting D&D indentifiable characters.

Cool ones that everyone like are: the Dragons which are already there between 1000-1800, can't we have the golems back and maybe even liches?

------------------
Old 10-06-2001, 05:24 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Yeah, liches would be cool, maybe Forgotten Realms gods instead of egyptian ones, can we perhaps have Amethyst Dragons? Or classes? Like Psionic, or Fighter or something, hey, that's a cool idea, when someone joins the boards they choose a class, and that class decides their avatars, for example, choosing Fighter as your class would give you ranks like: Elite Waterdeep Guard or Mercenary, and Mage would give you ranks like: Elminster(munchkin) and Mystra as your highest ranks.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"
Old 10-06-2001, 05:28 AM   #3
Grojlach
Zartan

Hmm, Munchkin as highest rank, for over 10000 posts. Sound appropriate...

[This message has been edited by Grojlach (edited 10-06-2001).]
Old 10-06-2001, 05:35 AM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Is anybody else getting just a tiny bit tired of this extreme fascination with ranks or is it just me??? WTF does it matter what your rank is and what the picture that goes with it looks like? What if I said I *like* the Egyptian pics and dislike the dragon ones (speaking hypothetically here in case you didn't notice). You can't please everybody you know? Of course it's always nice to give Ziroc some advice, but could we all for one minute just realise 1. just how busy he ALREADY is 2. what a great forum we ALREADY have without everybody getting personal ranks etc?? Sure it would be NICE, but give us all a break... for the past time, all I could see as a result of discussions like these is people getting more and more obsessed with ranks and it's NOT very constructive to the forum. Everybody is pointing at everybody, yelling "spam!", but hey, it's not that difficult to write 100 so-called meaningful posts a day with a secret motivation of rasing one's rank and get away with it.

Not that I mind everybody giving his or her ideas and personal preferences, but I've just seen it escalate a few times and I'm not too happy about it

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 10-06-2001).]
Old 10-06-2001, 05:40 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
I would like to ask you to consider changing the ranking system for over 2000 posts. With all these weird Egyptian ranks, I along with others feel we should change them to more suiting D&D indentifiable characters.

Cool ones that everyone like are: the Dragons which are already there between 1000-1800, can't we have the golems back and maybe even liches?

The reason for the Egyptian ranks was because not everyone plays D&D. Besides, the Mulhorandi pantheon (in Faerun which is as AD&D as you can get) use the Egyptian pantheon as a base.

Just my 2c.

------------------
Old 10-06-2001, 05:59 AM   #6
Victor von Steiner
Silver Dragon

I don't post for ranks. I post to have fun here not for the ranking system. Ziroc has enough on his hands right now with the upgrade. The ideas are nice but please don't flood Ziroc with ideas. You are going to make him go insane.

------------------

http://vampirelord.proboards.com
Old 10-06-2001, 07:32 AM   #7
Rikard

Personally i think personal avatars would be best
so you can choose one of many

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Necromancer/Blade of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Official Register of the Top Posters;
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-06-2001, 07:37 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Is anybody else getting just a tiny bit tired of this extreme fascination with ranks or is it just me??? WTF does it matter what your rank is and what the picture that goes with it looks like? What if I said I *like* the Egyptian pics and dislike the dragon ones (speaking hypothetically here in case you didn't notice). You can't please everybody you know? Of course it's always nice to give Ziroc some advice, but could we all for one minute just realise 1. just how busy he ALREADY is 2. what a great forum we ALREADY have without everybody getting personal ranks etc?? Sure it would be NICE, but give us all a break... for the past time, all I could see as a result of discussions like these is people getting more and more obsessed with ranks and it's NOT very constructive to the forum. Everybody is pointing at everybody, yelling "spam!", but hey, it's not that difficult to write 100 so-called meaningful posts a day with a secret motivation of rasing one's rank and get away with it.

Not that I mind everybody giving his or her ideas and personal preferences, but I've just seen it escalate a few times and I'm not too happy about it

people strive for diversity, there is nothing wrong with standing out, or wanting to be different

everyone has their own taste. they are crazy for ranks, not a bad thing. hardly immature

I suggest we choose our own PORTRAT, post a picture, along with the OPTION to choose from IW ranks

don't forget to put in something like "Honored Patron: DeuxCentCequante, Since March 2001"

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-06-2001).]
Old 10-06-2001, 07:43 AM   #9
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:

Alright who likes Egyptian gods.... ?? ****

I'm not posting for ranks. Infact I would have prefered to stay on Emerald Dragon because I like the green thingys. I just find the 2000+ ones sooo repulsive that I don't want to post anymore.

Ziroc: Can I be a Emerald Dragon Forever??

------------------
Old 10-06-2001, 07:55 AM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Umm Melusine, are you ayt? Wanna talk or something? you seem stressed and burned out... just my point of view...

------------------

Chaotic Cavalier of ALSB, protector of the Innocent, slayer of the mad...