Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2001, 11:04 PM   #31
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

This is sooo enlightening! I thought I was in the minority of people with strange dreaming habbits!

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member
Old 09-11-2001, 07:51 AM   #32
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

It could be we are all just a bunch of weirdos.
I have an omni magazine, one amoung the many I have, which contained an article on how to take control of your dreams. One of the more simple strategies they had for remembering dreams is to simply say to yourself, before falling asleep each night "I will remember all of my dreams upon waking." Repeat this to yourself several times each night.
I have found that after several nights of this it does sometimes work.
I have also found that you can modify behavior during sleep with similar statements.
Since REM is similar to a hypnotic state maybe this isn't so odd.

------------------

The line between good and evil is razor sharp. Be careful of misteps,
lest you find yourself spitted upon your own blade.

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 09-11-2001).]
Old 09-11-2001, 08:04 AM   #33
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

*sniff* I hardly ever remember my dreams, and if I do, I remember them really strangely. As I posted in another thread, it's not as if I was really 'there' and experiencing things - my dreams aren't nearly as detailed. It's more like a memory of these things - I know that they happened but I don't experience them. And I don't think I 'see' and 'hear' anything at all, it's more like reading something from a book and imagining it happening, this is beginning to make no sense at all. What was really strange was a dream where I knew that I was dreaming and tried to wake up but it didn't work. It wasn't a bad dream, I simply wanted to wake up. I pinched myself - didn't hurt, didn't work. Then finally I thought loudly: HELLO! IF YOU CAN REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOU WAKE UP, THEN REMEMBER THAT THIS DREAM WAS ABOUT... and I forgot the rest. Very weird.

------------------

Kazara

Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe