Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-14-2004, 09:04 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

the original thread used to be here

the previous thread is here:

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:35 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sneaking in for a first post!

*edit* Do I get bonus points for getting in before Cloudy's second standard post? Hmmm... I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket

Evening, all. Checking in for the night, getting ready for some Arx Fatalis gaming and perhaps getting to bed before 1AM this time... It's rough when the rest of the house gets me up around 7AM...

[ 11-14-2004, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 11-14-2004, 09:40 PM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Afternoon all, Just browsing the forums whilst at work today. Its a hard life being an Antivirus salesman

Hope everyones weekend is well. Spent most of sunday enjoying the Dungeons of Escape from Undermountain.

[img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img] The first round is on me!
Old 11-14-2004, 10:08 PM   #4
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Last night of nights for me then 9 days off 1 night and then 5 more off. Loving it.
Old 11-14-2004, 10:28 PM   #5
SomeGuy
Unicorn

*walks in and dances around in his bathrobe* Wheeeee Sunday night, tomorrow Monday... I hate Mondays! Tomorrow morning I lift weights, that's all I am looking foward to. I hate Mondays, evil evil Mondays. New week means new lessons to learn. I hate school, blah. I should start an uprise of rebels against the schools. *evil laugh* Yesss... first I shall start off with taping pieces of paper with obscene profanities on them to the school cameras. Then I shall fill the teacher's desks with... uh... eggs! Yes! Rotten eggs! Except Mrs. Scott's desk, she's cool. She lets us listen to our cd players at school. Anyway, it's Sunday night, my feet are freezing, and I'm bored out of my mind, how are you all?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 11-14-2004, 11:38 PM   #6
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

MY DORM ROOM IS CLEAN!!!!

Wow, I never thought it would happen again

Someguy, you shouldn't ride Monday so hard...it wasn't it's fault that it was chosen to come after the weekend...or something....

Regardless of the fact that I have a test tomorrow morning, I'm really happy about starting off this week, myself...who knows what may happen in the continuing adventures of Lyle! Maybe I'll discover the true nature of existence...or maybe I'll eat a Philly-Cheese steak sandwich for lunch, and run into the people I want to run into like I always do....

Either way, I will enjoy tomorrow.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 11-14-2004, 11:46 PM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Ahh, this incredibly long weekend is at last at and end. Tomorrow I must go on the hunt for many video games or a game anyway so I won't be so restless. I would have friends over, but they're all busy with Halo 2 and I'm not [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2004, 01:25 AM   #8
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

Just back from a weekend in Boston ... freezing my dear balls off in four inches of snow in my flops [img]tongue.gif[/img]

On a positive note, Boston College has more quality girls than any east coast college I've found: How often do you go to an 8-person dorm room and have all 8 girls be gorgeous? Just doesn't happen ...

In other news, Boston cabs are super easy to scam -- chat for 20 seconds & the meter's turned off!

If it weren't a communist tundra, I'd spend all my time there
Old 11-15-2004, 02:33 AM   #9
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Gangrell, you're not missing much...Halo 2 is just as slow and boring as the first one...

Aleph...well...I'm going to leave off on my feminist rant...but know that you deserve one [img]graemlins/kidding.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2004, 03:08 AM   #10
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Ilander, I think you forgot to add [img]graemlins/hidesbehindsofa.gif[/img] after your Halo 2 comment, I'm sure some 'X-boxers' will be after you now!

Well, my fryup seems to have gone down ok now and everything seems to be good, so I think I better eat some more! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]