Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-17-2002, 05:12 AM   #21
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Ok, I have a question. I saw the ads to this movie in my newspaper, but for some reason, when I went to the theater 2 days ago to see a movie, it was not there.

The movie is out, right? Then why is it not there?

Btw, I saw princess mononoke. It was good.

I'll probably won't remember about this topic tomorow, so if anyone know why it is not in theater, I would be nice if you could Pm me the info.
Old 10-17-2002, 05:32 AM   #22
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

http://bventertainment.go.com/movies...way/index.html

go there and type in your zip code. it will show you where you can find the movie.

as for why it is not out in most of the theatres, I DO NOT know why. maybe this is a Japanese movie so that the Hollywood is skeptical about whether it will make money or not. if thats what they are worried about, then thats pretty lame. many will tell you why, so I wont explain. I've seen stupid movies playing everywhere, but whats up with this movie? geez
Old 10-17-2002, 05:36 AM   #23
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I am not in the US, so it don't work.
Old 10-17-2002, 05:51 AM   #24
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
I am not in the US, so it don't work.
in that case..... UARGHHH!!! I am still browsing the site looking for something about its release info... sigh, I am sorry dude, all I can say is... seek and wait

btw, I found something interesting:

Quote:
Voices for USA version announced:
Chihiro: Daveigh Chase (A.I, Lilo & Stitch)
Haku: Jason Marsden (How to Make a Monster, Baldur's Gate)
Boiler Room Man: David Ogden
Twin Witches: Suzanne Pleshette (Lion King 2, Along Came a Spider)
Chihiro's mother, Yugo: Lauren Holly (Don't Cry For Me, Any Given Sunday)
Chihiro's father, Akio: Michael Chiklis (Heavy Gear: The Animated Series, The Commish)
Lin: Susan Egab
Bathhouse Manager: John Ratzenberger (Monsters Inc, Cheers)
Look at Haku, ahem, thats right [img]smile.gif[/img] I just cannot remember who in Baldur's Gate...

right now, there is Spirited Away DVD with english subtitled. having seen both, I would say the subtitled one rate 9, if I rate the movie 10. thats only because I like being able to understand the dialogs better. plus, as a personal preference, English version Chihiro sounds better [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-17-2002, 05:55 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-17-2002, 08:51 PM   #25
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

good news good news, Bobspongedestroyer! the Tivoli movie theatre on the loop extended the Spirited Away's playing to AT LEAST next Thursday, so you still got a week! [img]smile.gif[/img] go see it!

[ 10-17-2002, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-17-2002, 08:54 PM   #26
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Guess Im too old to get it.
why would you say that? it is definitly NOT true... I garantee you will LOVE it. [img]smile.gif[/img] trust me!

btw, SpongeBobTheDestoyer, you saw the movie today? at 4:30? because I saw someone that could be you, lol, with a lil boy (a lot of chattery, ) and a lil girl. I didnt mind the boy's chattering, I am just checking. the boy said "it was fun" at the end of the movie. was that you? just curious.

I watched it today for the THIRD time, because I thought this is last day playing. but it turned out Thursday, tomorrow, is last day playing on LOOP, there is another theatre AMC West Olive 16. just a reminder, Thursday is the last day playing in St. Louis on both theatres. I think it is because Hollywood is testing the movie for now, and big launch will be coming afterwards.
[/QUOTE]You didnt see me [img]smile.gif[/img] I live in Maryland and my kids are in PA. I only see them on weekends.

As for my post about not gettingit..I watched the trailer and, thought it looked like a good animated show, I didn't get any hint of awesomness from it...but then Im not real big into Japanimation or Anime as its called now [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2002, 09:44 PM   #27
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

come now, if you dis the movie because the trailer dont look impressive, then thats a grave injustice! wel... mmm, mistake! I watched the movie first, THEN I watched the trailer. you know what? I thought the trailer SUCKED. trust me man, go watch it, you will remember this for the rest of your life.
Old 10-18-2002, 03:30 AM   #28
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

bump for Sponge, it will still be playing in the Loop until next Thursday!
Old 10-18-2002, 04:13 AM   #29
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
bump for Sponge, it will still be playing in the Loop until next Thursday!
Thanks 250, and if my schedule permits I will be seeing it this weekend or early next week. If I don't like it though you'll have to reimburse me. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img] Just kidding. I'm sure I will. I liked Princess Mononoke. Ninja Scoll is my favorite Animation by far. I don't think I'll see any as wicked as that one. It reminded me of my Oriental Adventures D&D gaming. Have you seen it?
Old 10-18-2002, 04:28 AM   #30
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

have I seen... ? Ninja Scroll? I have the whole series here! but I've only get to watch the first one, and I plan to finish all of them. or you mean have I seen "Oriental D&D Gaming." is that a movie? lol

personally, I loved Laputa, Valley of Wind, Princess Mononoke, and the Spirited Away, and if you dont like Spirited Away, I give your money back