Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-15-2002, 10:35 PM   #11
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

well, has ANYONE watched it yet? come on guys, dont be stupid, seriously, this will be the best money spent! geez
Old 10-16-2002, 12:36 AM   #12
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

250-No I don't go to Wash U. I've just lived here all my life and know all the good spots. I do have a question about the movie though-Is it something a four year old would enjoy. My son loves Lord of the rings, Star Wars, Labrynth(sp), The Dark Chrystal, etc. Should I take him?
Old 10-16-2002, 01:25 AM   #13
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBobTheDestoyer:
250-No I don't go to Wash U. I've just lived here all my life and know all the good spots. I do have a question about the movie though-Is it something a four year old would enjoy. My son loves Lord of the rings, Star Wars, Labrynth(sp), The Dark Chrystal, etc. Should I take him?
Would he enjoy it? I think he would have a little crush on Chihiro, lol. The anime was designed for all age viewers, though I seriously think how much a four year old can understand. I wont say it nice just toget you and your family watch the movie

If you liked Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, definitely go out to watch Spirited Away. Bring your family as you will endure and watch this film many many times with your children and grand children.

on Amazon.com reviews

I also read an review on amazon.com saying a guy's kid had two bathroom breaks during starwar 2, and didn't even leave the seat or make noise during the entire movie of the Spirited Away. I am AWFULLY sorry I cannot find the message, thus lack the credibility.

the movie is breath takingly beautiful (the drawing) with heart breaking music, the story itself is loving, romantic (not adult love, but friendship love, a kid's love) and FULL OF SURPRISE. the plot is fairly simple to understand, and the motion pictures consists a lot of cute element. by cute, it is not the kinda cute you see in Monster Inc, not the silly cute that make you puke. but it is the brilliant kinda cute that makes an adult applause, a kid laugh.

so would your 4 yr old son like it? I think he will fall in love with Chihiro, lol
Old 10-16-2002, 01:35 AM   #14
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

as for your kid, this is an article on National Review

National Review - Thomas Hibbs believes the film presents lessons missing in most American movies for children. (September 27, 2002)

btw, it contains some spoils, so just read the first pargraph is you want no spoil

and a list of reviews here

http://dmoz.org/Arts/Animation/Anime..._Away/Reviews/

but be careful, dont read too much, lol

[ 10-16-2002, 01:36 AM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-16-2002, 06:40 AM   #15
Sio

im oh-so desperate to see this film but living in England I very much doubt it been on the cinemas over here, and there are no 'alternative' cinemas where i live
Old 10-16-2002, 06:48 AM   #16
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Sio:
im oh-so desperate to see this film but living in England I very much doubt it been on the cinemas over here, and there are no 'alternative' cinemas where i live
tell you what, there are Japanese version DVD for sale with english subtitle. but your computer probally cannot play it, so you will need a crack. mmm, the english version DVD is not coming out any time soon... ARGH!!!

or Sio, I messaged you, please check
Old 10-16-2002, 05:42 PM   #17
MagiK

Guess Im too old to get it.

Old 10-16-2002, 09:33 PM   #18
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:

Guess Im too old to get it.
why would you say that? it is definitly NOT true... I garantee you will LOVE it. [img]smile.gif[/img] trust me!

btw, SpongeBobTheDestoyer, you saw the movie today? at 4:30? because I saw someone that could be you, lol, with a lil boy (a lot of chattery, ) and a lil girl. I didnt mind the boy's chattering, I am just checking. the boy said "it was fun" at the end of the movie. was that you? just curious.

I watched it today for the THIRD time, because I thought this is last day playing. but it turned out Thursday, tomorrow, is last day playing on LOOP, there is another theatre AMC West Olive 16. just a reminder, Thursday is the last day playing in St. Louis on both theatres. I think it is because Hollywood is testing the movie for now, and big launch will be coming afterwards.

[ 10-16-2002, 10:20 PM: Message edited by: 250 ]
Old 10-17-2002, 02:01 AM   #19
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

It wasn't me, 250. Good thing you didn't go up to the guy and ask if he was Spongebobthedestroyer, his kids might have gotten freaked out. Thursday is the last day here. That's not cool. I don't know if I can make it tommorrow. If it is going to disappear for a while and resurface drop a thread if you find out when.
Old 10-17-2002, 02:15 AM   #20
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

well, good I didnt ask, lol, image their expressions,

ok, here is a place where you can check show times and places you can watch, just type in the zip code

http://bventertainment.go.com/movies...way/index.html

maybe you can find it outside St. Louis. This is so sad because I've never seen reviews or anything until I accidentally bump into the movie. Hollywood is not cool this time. Looks like St. Louis is not gonna play Spirited Away despite EVERYONE's 4 star reviews, *puke*

it plays at (4:30), 7:05, 9:45 on Loop, all I can say is, try to make it. consider doing this for yourself! sigh. *fingers crossed*