Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-25-2001, 10:40 AM   #1
appelle
Welcomed New User

Hi all...

I've searched endlessly online for some mention of this f*@$ing problem and have found nothing. I suspect that I've done something that causes it.

Basically, I finish the asylum, I rest, I have the slayer dream. Except as *soon* as I turn into the slayer, I die. Now, this is my first time through the game, and I usually like to apply cheats (I'm in it for the story. ) the first time through... so I have, and I'm wondering if that's my problem. Maybe I'm too low level to turn into the slayer without dying? I know that if you stay the slayer for too long you die... do you have to be above a certain level/skill level to maintain for longer than a couple of seconds? I'm level 9-10 right now, with some absurd hitpoint level that should basically make me invulnerable...

Any ideas? I'm going to start over I think. :/
Old 08-25-2001, 11:45 AM   #2
HooC
The Magister

First of all welcome to the board

Hmm...
As usual I don't have a damn clue, but I've heard
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
?
That you eventually die when you go to Slayer mode, so perhaps you must raise your level or...?
I am not the guy to answer this post though.
Old 08-25-2001, 03:25 PM   #3
Lestat
Manshoon

Yeah, but i dont think that has to do with the first time you turn (when you meet bodhi again).

But when you do turn into the slayer, you lose two reputation and can only be in the form for so long, until it say "you feel your control slipping" and start taking 2 damage, then 4, then 6, then 12, then 34 until you die.
Old 08-25-2001, 03:48 PM   #4
HooC
The Magister

Well that is not a hard price to make you practically immortal for a while...
or is it... oh well.. I am pretty sure I never get that far
Old 08-25-2001, 03:51 PM   #5
appelle
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the welcome.

That's the weird thing. The first time I turn, everything's fine. I run around and try to kill everyone and badabing, it's all good. The second time I turn, in the dream, I just die. Boom.

I've started over... I'll let you know ifI see the same thing a second time. Grr...

Thanks for the help!
Old 08-25-2001, 03:52 PM   #6
HooC
The Magister

No probl... Oh... Damned... I was useless in this topic as usual..
Old 08-26-2001, 04:40 PM   #7
Neo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have the same problem...Im Level 38....Dont ask...Exported 3 times...LOL...hehe ive totally disabled the...
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
Debug Mode=1 thingunder program options

So im unhacked
Old 08-26-2001, 04:46 PM   #8
---Phat--Assassin---
Dungeon Master