Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-23-2001, 09:19 PM   #1
Neb
Account deleted by Request

SPOILER! SPOILER SPOILER! This spoiler warning is just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't call this a spoiler but some probably would.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
--

In ToB I have heard that you get certain god-like abilities, or at least VERY powerful abilities, I have heard that you get them when you get beyond level 20, but if you used the XP cap remover in BG2 and has a character with lvl 26 for example, and in ToB you get one of these special abilities in lvl 25, will you still get that ability with your level 26 character?

I hope you can understand what I wrote, it looks a bit jumbled to me.
Old 05-23-2001, 09:47 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have been looking for your answer, but so far I cannot find anything. I have read something about this, maybe two weeks ago, so my memory of what and exactly where is shaded. Sorry. Maybe Memny knows...

------------------

Larry, a loyal guardian of the OHF, and devoted member of the Ironworks
Old 05-23-2001, 10:00 PM   #3
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I heard they will automatically bring you down to a appropriate level if you used the xp cap so it doesnt matter.

------------------
BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 05-23-2001, 10:18 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I think I read the same thing, now that you mention it.

------------------

Larry, a loyal guardian of the OHF, and devoted member of the Ironworks
Old 05-24-2001, 08:45 AM   #5
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

I happened to be a part of this conversation (well...a lurker anyway)on the Black Isle Boards with some of the Bioware designers last month. Here's the skinny...

Your XPs will be set back down to where they should be for the start of ToB, but you won't lose any levels. For instance, if you are a 26th level mage with 2M XPs, and the XP starting value for ToB is 1.5MXPs...then your XPs will be set down to 1.5M, but you will remain 26th level.

So...you will just be 26th level for a *long*, *long*, *long* time. Until you can build back up to 2.5M XPs...or whatever you need for 27th level.

Somehow, they seem to have somewhat disassociated XPs with levels for the start of the game. At least, this is what the designers were planning on doing last month.

Capish?

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-24-2001, 09:29 AM   #6
Neb

That still dosen't answer the abilities thing, what about the super ability in level 25(Lets just say there is one), will I miss that one?
Old 05-24-2001, 09:33 AM   #7
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
That still dosen't answer the abilities thing, what about the super ability in level 25(Lets just say there is one), will I miss that one?
Nope. You should get all of the special abilities entitled to a 26th level character...if the game actually works like the designers said it would. Should be a cumulative thing.

Does that make sense?
Old 05-24-2001, 09:39 AM   #8
Neb

K, that answered my question.