Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 03:19 PM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

Do all moderators have equal power?

Do moderators inform other moderators as to why a thread has been locked?

Can moderators from any IW forum lock a thread on any other IW forum?

Would it be possible for moderators to indicate why a thread has been locked? It would certainly obviate the need for PM's, at the moment we don't even know who to PM.

Is there any possibility that a European IW member could become a moderator? It would certainly help in terms of time zones.

Why is it acceptable for me to say that Tony Blair is a complete dickhead but not acceptable for me to say that George W Bush is also a complete dickhead?

If Timber Loftis claims that Tony Blair is a Chimpanzee will he be banned? (just using you as an example TL )

Are you allowed to slag leaders of other countries off as long as they are not democracies or at the very least, Christian?

Are we allowed to challenge other members to disagree with our opinions?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 11-29-2004, 03:49 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Would it be possible for moderators to indicate why a thread has been locked? It would certainly obviate the need for PM's, at the moment we don't even know who to PM.

Is there any possibility that a European IW member could become a moderator? It would certainly help in terms of time zones.

Why is it acceptable for me to say that Tony Blair is a complete dickhead but not acceptable for me to say that George W Bush is also a complete dickhead?

If Timber Loftis claims that Tony Blair is a Chimpanzee will he be banned? (just using you as an example TL )

Are you allowed to slag leaders of other countries off as long as they are not democracies or at the very least, Christian?

Well, some of this is "classified information"...

In general, we try to inform each other when we do something.

Most of the time when we lock something we explain why, sometimes we don't if it's obvious (duplicate threads, flamebaiting...)

Mods assigned to a specific forum have more authority in that forum than those that are not. If you have a question about something happening in that forum ask them.

Memnoch is second to Ziroc. If you have anything important to say, you can PM him.

I'm most often online at "European" hours, when the forum seem to be dead.

Quote:
For the same reason you can call yourself an idiot but no one else can call you that.

You can get away with more things if you are politically correct and try to word your posts in a non-offensive way.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:54 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

You mean I can't call D1 an idiot anymore?

Surely this rule doesn't apply to other members of the D&D Show.

Quote:
You can get away with more things if you are politically correct and try to word your posts in a non-offensive way.
I've been trying to learn this one for ages. I've found that if you can't figure out how to avoid being rude, you can substitute some humor and gain at least a little levity.

Quote:
Well, there is the cursing thing.

Quote:
If Timber Loftis claims that Tony Blair is a Chimpanzee will he be banned?
I thought Blair was a poodle. You know, you call him that all the time, so why can't I call him a chimp? Or, maybe we just stick with both of us calling Bush a chimp and Blair a poodle -- how does that work?

Just don't call me a muppet, and I won't report any of your you're posts, mate.

[ 11-29-2004, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 11-29-2004, 06:12 PM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:

quote:
If Timber Loftis claims that Tony Blair is a Chimpanzee will he be banned?
I thought Blair was a poodle. You know, you call him that all the time, so why can't I call him a chimp? Or, maybe we just stick with both of us calling Bush a chimp and Blair a poodle -- how does that work?

Just don't call me a muppet, and I won't report any of your you're posts, mate.
[/QUOTE]So is your opinion concerning Tony Blair based on his appearance or on the poodle's lack of intelligence? I mean, any dog with a decent form of self-respect and intelligence would refuse to walk around looking like *that*!

Goal: Beijing 2008
Old 11-29-2004, 11:21 PM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

***reply predeleted by poster***
Old 11-29-2004, 11:37 PM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Donut,

If you really want the answers to your questions the best bet would be to PM a Mod, Memnoch or Ziroc.

Things like new mods, mod powers and locked threads should really be discussed via PM

Cheers

T-D-C
Old 11-29-2004, 11:50 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Closing this- it's becoming spamhaven. Donut, like TDC said, you can get the answers from the webmaster himself or his assistant, Memnoch, assuming you genuinely want them and don't already know the answers to your questions or aren't just posting to stir things up... not that you'd ever do that, of course.
Old 11-30-2004, 02:09 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Qo moderators inform other moderators as to why a thread has been locked?

A:Most of the time.

Q:Why is it acceptable for me to say that Tony Blair is a complete dickhead but not acceptable for me to say that George W Bush is also a complete dickhead?

A:It IS NOT. Please show me where you said that, so I can close that thread.

Q:If Timber Loftis claims that Tony Blair is a Chimpanzee will he be banned?

Aonut... Name calling is extremely childish, and makes whoever does it look bad. If you want, check the RULES area out. It plainly says the following:

----
we will not allow members to bash any political leader. Be it from any nation. Political discussion can be done in a friendly way. You can disagree with a political leader without wanton bashing. It will not be allowed. Threads will be closed if we see this occurring.
----

So, if you read the rules, you would have answered your own question.

As most of you know, we cannot catch every little snide remark in every single thread. We try, but it's hard. But if any of you see anyone bashing--be it name calling or whatever-- simply report the post, and it will either be closed, or the post in that thread will be deleted and the offender will be suspended if it's been more than once.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Closed Thread