Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2001, 03:09 PM   #1
Magus

for some reason my mage has absolutly NO range. he cannot see more than at least a foot in front of him anymore.When in the 1st dungeon he was fine ( hes a neutral evil/elf/sorc.) but soon after i found he had no range.Even with spells that have set range like melfs min. missle wich i belive is range 50 causes him to walk up to the target and cast.every other char has pretty much the same range sight wise except him. any insight on why?

Old 02-08-2001, 04:57 PM   #2
Absynthe

I seem to recall something like this being addressed in the patch...have you installed it yet?

Old 02-08-2001, 05:34 PM   #3
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I had the exact same problem with my neutral evil half orc fighter/thief, and I had the patch installed. I have no idea what causes it, but I played the game over again with an elf, assuming the race was the problem, but I played chaotic good this time. It seems that being neutral evil is giving you a huge disadvantage.
Old 02-08-2001, 06:50 PM   #4
Magus

yet i have viconia who is a neutral evil elf who also has spells but her range is normal.At 1st i thought maybe my rep was to blame since i had 15 but when i got viconia it was around 4 so its not that. im Dling the patch right now so i will see soon.

Old 02-09-2001, 05:46 AM   #5
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Maybe it happens if you create your character as a neutral evil. Npc's are a different thing.
Old 02-09-2001, 08:57 AM   #6
Ash Wyrmspawn

Nothing to do with the alignment..... must be a bug.
My Swashbuckler/mage was neutral evil.... never had that problem.

Old 02-09-2001, 01:24 PM   #7
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Played a Neutral Evil Bard through to the end. Cast spells without a flaw. I intsalled the patch long before starting that game though.
Old 02-09-2001, 02:00 PM   #8
SirGwayne

Hey Magus, did you try buying him a pair of glasses??? just kidding hope ya figure it out!