Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2003, 05:14 AM   #1
ruby_ruby
Welcomed New User

The lich at Skull Castle is MISSING!!
I went there into the lich room and the lich did not appear.
i cant get his quest!!

i did exactly like the walkthrough says. i even opened the lvl 12 lock.
the lich STILL did not appear. i cleared out the Whole castle already except the part where the lich's key is needed.

i thought this was some errors with my save game. so i restarted the game and play all the way to Skull Castle again. AGAIN HE DID NOT TURN UP.

i thought maybe its due to the patch that i installed (the only patch from heuristic park). i uninstalled the game, reinstalled WITHOUT the patch, and played the game ALL OVER AGAIN... guess what? the lich STILL DID NOT TURN UP.

oh. i give up already. someone please HELP!!!
ruby_ruby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 05:52 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

Perhaps, a silly question but I haven't meant it as an offence. Are you searching the lich at the right place? The lich isn't in the room with the level 12 lock. The lich is in a locked room near the entrance to the area behind the dark legionaries. The key to this room is in the trapped room with traps spitting the Face of Death spells. The room with the lich can also be entered from the room with the level 12 lock but only after completing the lich quest. The door is locked now.

Notes:
1. I am always finding the lich where it should be. The patch should not be guilty: AFAIK, people playing the patched game haven't experienced your problem.
2. You need not the staff if you are able to cast the Vanish spell. Go to the shrine, climb one of the steep red ramps at the sides of the entrance, and cast Vanish. You will occur behind the lock and you will be able to enter the shrine. Place a portal there (I mean behind the lock and outside the shrine). You will be able to teleport to your portal from everywhere in the wilderness.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:07 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like you might have missed the Music room where you do meet the Lich -
Look here http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html for some excellent maps. Hopefully that will get you to where you need to be.

If he still doesn't show up (which is extremely unlikely - I've never heard of anyone having this problem but perhaps it is possible) there is a solution. So first let us see if you can find him and if not, I'll tell you what we need to do to save your game!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2003, 01:54 PM   #4
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Sounds like you might have missed the Music room where you do meet the Lich -
Look here http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html for some excellent maps. Hopefully that will get you to where you need to be.

If he still doesn't show up (which is extremely unlikely - I've never heard of anyone having this problem but perhaps it is possible) there is a solution. So first let us see if you can find him and if not, I'll tell you what we need to do to save your game!

Wyv
You hacker you.

Anyway welcome to the board Ruby. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Wow, 2 new posters on the same day. [img]smile.gif[/img] Basically all I can think of is that perhaps one of your files is corrupt. That is if neither Radek's or Wyv's advice works. Of course Wyv's "advice" is bound to work. If a file is corrupt you are just going to love the solution. Yepp a re-install of the game. But fortunately you can save your saved games if that should come to that. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-10-2003, 02:27 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

*High-pitched voice* You have come to the right place, for we are the oracles of the Ironworks Forum. We have seen all. We have heard all. Hence we know all. And we too await the chosen one.

Well maybe not exactly, but this board tends to solve the problems posed by this game. You have already received good answers.

On top of the balcony accessible from the room with the spectral guardians a small hallway leads down a flight of stairs. (There is also a path leading to the left). At the end of the stairs is the lich's room. (The room with the flying musical instruments). If you have been there and have not encountered the lich you have run in to a heretofore unknown bug.

Oh, and welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2003, 10:34 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, ruby ruby. May life in the Gael Serran strike a chord with you...

I'll join everyone else. Sounds like you're not in the right place. I play the patched game and I've always found the lich in the music room.

You may want to save before going into the music room the second time. There's a cut scene where a lot happens, and on some PCs, the game will crash.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 10:23 AM   #7
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

If the Lich never shows up and you have to get to Anephas' shrine, I just found that if you walk forward on one side of the lock you will be able to slip through. So Skull Castle ISN'T necessary.....

.....but the experience and treasure is nice.

Cheers,

Moiraine Sedai