Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2004, 09:15 AM   #11
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

so larry what is it?

i have cts in my wrists and tedopnitis in my ankles! cts has syptoms of numbness while driving, eating, writing, sleeping, etc. the numbness is painful! you can feel nothing ont he skin, but you median nerve is in a lot of pain. also the numbness is only on the thumb, forefinger, middle finger and inside half of ring finger, as those are the only parts the median nerve supplies feeling to.

i have those symptoms plus the hand cramping when i write, and i have problems playing lotr-rotk ont eh computer. the part right in fromt of the gates with the troll's and such, too much clicking for me, my hand eventually slows down and i get hit too much.

good luck! alot of time mild cts is solved with wrist braces worn at night.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:34 AM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Well, after being examed, the doctor said that there may be a slight case of carpal tunnel in the left hand, but the right hand looks like a bad sprang. I told him that I have had problems with this wrist for years, and that things are getting worse, and after a few more tests he concluded that I must have a pinched nerve.

I am not totally satisfied with that assessment. For example, today while driving my right arm went numb a few times, and when I had to turn my head over my shoulder to look behind me toward the left before merging into traffic, I had an electic jolt so powerful, I almost lost contol of the wheel!

This is affecting my everyday life now, and I do not know what to do about it.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:52 AM   #13
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

sounds loke a nerve, dear. i have problems with my sciatic nerve and sometimes (not very often since i am usually gaining weight to accomodate children and the sciatic nerve has a fatty covering) certain movements cause pain to shoot from my hip to my knee. it is excruciating. have you asked him what to do about it? i took relafin for my sciatica, back before i was pg with justice.

goodluck
Old 09-24-2004, 10:10 AM   #14
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

I am not totally satisfied with that assessment. For example, today while driving my right arm went numb a few times, and when I had to turn my head over my shoulder to look behind me toward the left before merging into traffic, I had an electic jolt so powerful, I almost lost contol of the wheel!

This is affecting my everyday life now, and I do not know what to do about it.
Larry, this sounds more like a nerve in the neck, either from a bone spur or a disc. When that happens, extend the arms and swing them back and forth, and alternate having either fist in front of you. This should loose the anterior scalene muscle and relieve the symtoms for a while.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:13 PM   #15
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Larry I know the test for carpal tunnel is not painfull, it involves sets of electrodes attached to the hands, and lasts about ten minutes, as for treatment, if it is CTS and it's bad enough it will involve minor surgery, (day surgery over here) a cut is made in the palm of the hand and the tendons that are pressing on the nerves are lifted.

my partner had both hands done last year, she suffered very little pain, and the results are fantastic, no more pins and needles, no more sleepless nights, and full power back in both hands.

[ 09-24-2004, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Lanesra ]
Old 09-24-2004, 02:57 PM   #16
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for your posts, everyone. I will ride tihs out and see where it takes me. I'll post again if any new development should occur.

By the way, the doc did not want me to take the test, simply because he was afraid that it would read negative and I would have wasted all that time and trouble, simply because he suggested that the problem was so small that it might not be noticable on the exam. He wants to wait and see if things get worse. Er...