Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2001, 12:53 PM   #1
Fishman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I, a humble apprentice, seek the advice of the well-played wizards on this board. I played the game all the way to Ishlad Nah before finding this forum, and once there discovered some fatal mistakes.
First, I ventured into the snake temple without a cure poison spell, or vinecraft for that matter. How might one be so foolish, you may ask? Well, I didn't realize you could train in one skill per level, so I took a warrior/paladin 10 levels, warrior/paladin 7 levels, rogue 6 levels, wizard/warlock 7 levels with no training whatsoever.
When I read about the training skills, I restarted adventures but just created a new warrior, soon to be barbarian, and priest, so that I may master vinecraft before turning him into a monk.
Now, the question. I haven't yet cleared the first lands and I have a dilemma. I'm seriously considering restarting the game so that I may train each of my characters properly, i.e., once per level in certain skills. I took advantage of the arrow bug in Ishlad-Nah, so money is not a problem, because I could keep my new priest and warrior soon-to-be Barbarian in the party.
My question to you, my wise lieges, should I reset and train properly, or should I press on take advantage of what I do have? Your advice is humbly sought, and quickly, for I have a few days off and would like to make this decision tonite, around 11 p.m. EST, Nov. 28., in the year of our lord and queen angel at which we pray Sanctus Holy.
I thank thee for your advice.
Humbly .. Fishman
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 02:06 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Fishman!!

If you reset your adventures you do not loose what you have already gained as long as you are still playing the same characters. The only things that will be missing are quest items which do not survive a resetting of the adventures (starting over).
I think it would be a very good idea to start it from the beginning with these characters that you have been developing being careful to get their guild levels and training up. The rest of the game will be all the more fun!!

Hope you agree!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 02:27 PM   #3
Fishman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, and I think I understand you correctly. Start over, but keep the 2 I have been training and kill the other 6 ... or just start over with what I have right now? Why I am worrying is because I've missed so many opportunities for training, especially with my warlock and 2 warriors. At least 7 better levels in sword, athletics, magics ... ya know. So, yes, I will begin again! But please let me know how many I should delete, if any. Thanks wise one!
Fishman <><
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote