Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 06-08-2005, 10:50 PM   #1
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Smiley

Has anyone figured out a way to open doors in Revenant without the game crashing??? I patched it with patch 1.22...no help.....any suggestions....thanks
Qiote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 04:57 AM   #2
Edd_y
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, to make sure I'm thinking about the same game, that’s the one where your hero gets brought back to life, but he has forgotten all of his previous skills etc etc... Right? Good game btw. More action then RPG though.

If that’s it, just set the game to run in compatibility mode and select Win 95 or 98/ME. I forgot which one of the two it was.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:19 PM   #3
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Smiley

Yep....that's the one...........how do I do this compatability thing.........I looked in the options menu and the advanced menu and didn't see any way to do this..........please advise.....I have a newer Falcon, but I am running this game on the old Gateway 98 SE.........should I use the newer computer thanks
Old 06-10-2005, 11:52 AM   #4
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Create a shortcut of the game, then do a right click on the shortcut. Click on the "Compatibility" tab and select the appropriate mode. Click on the "Apply" button when you are done.

Otherwise, if it is a pure DOS game, you might want to give DOSBox a try.

[ 06-10-2005, 01:30 PM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 06-10-2005, 01:20 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I loved that game! Played it about 6 years ago using Win98 I'm pretty sure. I love some of the moves he does, and also the dramatics when he gets hit LOL. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 08:19 PM   #6
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well...I have a shortcut already...right clicked and there is no compatibility tab.......all I have to pick from are..............OPEN...ZIP....SCAN W/ANTI VIRUS....SEND TO...CUT...COPY...CREAT SHORTCUT...DELETE...RENAME...AND PROPERTIES...... I went into Properties...but there is no tab there for compatibility.........duh...what am I missing..........I went in to the Eidos folder but couldn't find anything that might help...not that I knew what to look for anyway.....now what?
thanks
Old 06-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #7
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Funny. There should be a "Compatibility" tab in the properties menu. Is the shortcut pointing to the executable file (*.exe)?
Old 06-11-2005, 12:13 PM   #8
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If I right click on the short cut...then click on properties....then short cut tab.....in the target line, it indicates the exe file..Is that what you mean.....thanks for tryin...looked again..no compatibality tab...........guess I don't get to play Revenant....
Old 06-11-2005, 01:53 PM   #9
Edd_y
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ummm go to the folder where revenant is installed, find the executable

Properties - Compatibility.

Its not in the shortcut, its the .exe itself. (The one that launches the game in the main Rev dir.)

Lol @ lady... I just remembered the way he gets hit. Funny stuff.
Old 06-11-2005, 08:10 PM   #10
Qiote
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Afraid this is one we won't win....went into Folder.. Revenant Launcher...says Revenant Launcher Utility.....stuff like, Type:Application....MS DOS name..Launcher exe. File name: Launcher exe. The only things to click on are..attributes, read only, hidden archives.............system is greyed out...Archives is checked.

I right clicked on most of the stuff in the folder, properties and so on, but there was no "compatibility" thingy to check..............why can't it be found...your instructions are clear. Where the heck is it? thanks again