Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 06:31 PM   #1
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

This post is to see where people live in Athkatla. As someone else pointed out, there exists more than one place to crash in Athkatla. The person talked about a particular place in the Temple District, and if they're reading this, I will let them explain about their place. As for me, I'd also like to thank them for the idea.

I also have a place, for my Female Paladin, which I describe in the following URL Post I put up:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=014380

Now as for other place, does anyone have a place where they crash or store their items?

WARNING! THE FOLLOWING POST AND THREADS MAY CONTAIN CERTAIN SPOILERS TO QUESTS, SO BEFORE YOU CONTINUE, IF YOU'RE NEW TO THE GAME AND DON'T WANT TO GET SPOILED, THEN DON'T READ THESE POSTS AND THREADS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Anyway, Cernd's Former home may make a great start for any new adventurer. No rent, and it's for free. Not only that, but I'm sure that Cernd wouldn't mind.

I also think that Rayic's home, the Cowled Wizard Edwin wants you to kill, would make a nice place to live for a while. It's got 3 stories of space!

Also, if you read my Anomen Post, you can also use Saerk's home if you want too.

End

Of

Spoilers...

Mine at least.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 09:44 PM   #2
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

I always use the dry-docked boat (slaver stockade) in the slums, lots of storage and conveniently placed but unfortunately you are unable to sleep there? - "must find an inn or sleep outside" god, I hate that!
Old 02-14-2002, 10:39 PM   #3
fable
Quintesson

Interesting! I usually do exactly as Downunda--GMTA. That is, until (if playing a mage) I get the Planar Sphere as my stronghold, whereupon I move my stuff over.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 11:31 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

In BG1, I stored all my stuff in the Thieves' Guild, and it's deja vu all over again with Mae'var's Guildhouse. I like it because of the great variety of containers: Scrolls go in this bookcase, weapons go in that big cupboard over there, potions can go in this chest, etc. The only thing wrong with it is that it's a long walk to and from the District Exit. The De'Arnise keep is also excellent, but it ain't in Athkatla.
Old 02-15-2002, 01:39 AM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

I just hang out in the Copper Coronet when I'm not running around saving the world...
Hayashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 04:00 AM   #6
PeeWee
Manshoon

I'll shoot the breeze with ya here and say that I visit the Copper Coronet often.

I don't have my stronghold yet - which is gonna be the thieve's guild. Why the Copper C for now? It's a small place with enough ppl in it so it isn't considered a "dead spot" to me. I hate those places where it's only you and your goods. Also, if need be, I can buy and sell stuff for a reasonable price there. Plus the CC is very close to the exits( BIG MAIN REASON). I don't like walking all around places just to drop off items. I've had to make 2 to 3 different trips when I'm in dungeons just because I gather soo much stuff( I dislike these trips). I use the tables as containers. Plus, it's just one of those beginner spots that I've gotten use to. I laughed when I went back to the Grove to see if Cernd would give me any more experience after some of his events. Nope. I hate that place with a passion. It's a pp place ( pi**poor) and I'm probably never going to visit it again. Nalia's place is just too huge since when I play I like to be right there in the action or doing things relating to the action.

The compound seemed to be a cool spot for all the lil nooks it had. I don't like the hidden walls part of it though. Makes me feel like I'm invading someone else's place and whoever it is can still spy on me....spookey. Prom district = long walks = out. Docks = long walk = I'ma be sad. All others = either too dreary or too many "dead spots".

Have fun.
Old 02-15-2002, 04:31 AM   #7
Whailor

Me and Ribald Barterman are on good terms with each other, and I use one of his cupboards behind him, mainly the items which I will need in close future. Items, which I wont need for quite some time, I usually store in De'Arnise Keep, if I play a fighter-type that is. If not, then I keep it all at Adventurer's Mart.
Old 02-15-2002, 10:18 AM   #8
Foo
Dungeon Master

I've always used Cernd's Former Home, probably becuase it's very close to where you come out of Irenicus' dungeon, and you've got all that crap to store. Plus, its close to Ad Mart, so any stuff you don't want to keep throughout the game you can sell right next door.
Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 10:54 AM   #9
SecretMaster
Apophis

With my thief, i first used my guildhouse. Then i expanded to the Cowled Wizard house (edwins place) then the crazy goons house (Edwins and Jans labratory, the one that you have to kill for the harpers) then I moved into the house that revolves around the girl who you must protect for the paladins quest, house(viciona's place). THen the harpers main guild is our own building. I also used cheat codes just to get the gems and accesories that I needed to make my places look cool, like my guildhouse. Its loaded with neat gems and trinkets. Then in the guildhouse on the second level, the first room that you appear in is Korgans quarters, then the room with the papers you need is my room, then upstairs I have Edwins Quarters. Very fun to make that whole place!!!
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 11:09 AM   #10
Gedd
The Magister

(SPOILER)

I like to use the hidden room (with the liche in) in the inn in the City Gate district. Like the idea of a hidden treasure trove in the wall of a hotel.
Gedd is offline   Reply With Quote