Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2002, 01:41 AM   #1
Deaths Touch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey morgan, you conviced me to try to solo the game with a barb.. just seems like horrendous amounts of fun! I was wondering what your suggestions were for leveling early on... Also, should i specialize in swords, then maces for the crom fayer, and SHOULD I put pts into slings or bows so i can distnace? or is that irrelevant without a party? thanks for your help bud,

Deaths Touch
To kill a witch: <br />just as the clock strikes midnite, drive a nail into the heart of an oak tree, then burn a stick of maple, and draw an X on the oak tree with its ashes, then get your .45 and shoot the old hag.
Deaths Touch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 09:40 AM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Hmm, I aint Morgan, but I'll try to help my best.

First of all, they're called barDs, not barBs. Barb is a member here on IW so this can easily lead to misunderstandings.

Now, for the leveling, I dont understand what you meen. But my suggestions on proficiences, is to make sure that you have some points in both slashing and blunting weapons. Like maybe short swords and maces.

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 10:01 AM   #3
Erydian
Manshoon

Just a clarification: crom faeyr is a warhammer, not a mace.
Old 01-24-2002, 05:01 PM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i think he meant barb as in barbarian. all i can say is that when you solo, you get XP fast, so i do the quests as i recieve them. i always give him crom faeyr when it is available, so i put ** in warhammers right off the get go. then i distribute the others as i see fit. longbow is a must, for damageing foes before they reach you. or a good throwing axe. and yes, crom faeyr is a hammer, not a mace.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 10:12 PM   #5
Deaths Touch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yes i was referring to barbarians.. anyways... yeah.. i forgot that BG2 has lots of masterys, unlike BG... another question- how does a soloer take on a dragon?
To kill a witch: <br />just as the clock strikes midnite, drive a nail into the heart of an oak tree, then burn a stick of maple, and draw an X on the oak tree with its ashes, then get your .45 and shoot the old hag.
Old 01-25-2002, 12:04 AM   #6
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

strategy my man, strategy. if you can get decent weapons and armor, and be at least level 11 or twelve with a barbarian, you SHOULD have enough hp's to take one on fairly easily. just rage, buff up with potions, slap a protection from magic scroll on you, and hope most of his attacks are spells. a barbarian should be able to stand toe to toe with a dragon fairly easily. if you are going against firekragg, just use a protection from fire scroll, as well as the protection from magic scroll (use fire one first) you should be able to defeat him. its not exactly easy i know, and it will take some practice, but it is indeed possible. the shadow dragon took a few go's, (i REALLY wanted that armor for my barbarian)but i eventually got him. i hit him like three or four times with a critical with a raged barbarian wielding a warhammer. heh, it was cool. i BARELY survived, but it was well worth it. armor, experience, and bragging rights.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 01:38 AM   #7
Deaths Touch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was wondering... how do you solo with a barb when u cant find hidden doors.. those things are extremely important for you to find in almost all aspects of the game
Old 01-25-2002, 05:07 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You can find hidden doors. Each round, warrior types have a 10% chance to detect a secret door. So just wait.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 05:21 AM   #9
eb
Manshoon

How you kill a dragon solo.

Just whack im out.

Hmm well i didnt solo a Bard but with a Figher/Mage/Thief and it was quite easy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just casted all defensive magic..
Summoned som creatures that was hitting him.
And me with the Dragonslayer who whacked him from behind without being hurt.