Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2003, 01:31 AM   #1
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

<font color='white'> I watched Enemy at the Gats for about the 5th or 6th time today. Who else thinks this moive is great? There seriously needs to be more USSR/Nazi WW 2 movies made. Theyre are alot of WW 2 moives, but most are regarding The Allies vs the Nazis. Maybe there is more in Eroupe.

So its good to see something a bit diffrent, and this was diffrent form most war movies because it was more 'personal'. It was focused around 2 people, John Voights character, and Jude Laws character, er, I think it is Jude Laws character anyway, maybe it was the other guy who plays Vasilli Zaistev. Plus it was based on a true story, and that makes it even better. Anyway, its a pretty cool movie, anyone else think so? </font>

[ 01-24-2003, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 06:35 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It's good to see a movie with a bit of a twist, something which allows you to look at a historical event from a perspective different to that which you may have been used to. I thought it was quite good! Though the English accents kind of spoiled it for me, I would have loved for the movie to be in Russian with subtitles...

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 10:25 AM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I saw the movie in theters, and am waiting to pick it up on DVD ( I know it's alredy out, but bills are murder...) I loved it, it's nice to see things from a new abgle, I for one new very little about the russian side of the war aside from the scorched earth policy, and russia throwing thousands of men at the germans with little or no regard to their safety.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:11 AM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

Yes, it was a good movie. I saw it only once in the theather, but if the screen had been any bigger it would've been IMAX. 't was a spectacular experience, needless to say.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2003, 06:50 PM   #5
Tancred
White Dragon

Fab film. 'Enemy at the Gates' was the film that showed me that the War Movie was not dead.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:54 PM   #6
Gazza
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
<font color='white'>So its good to see something a bit diffrent, and this was diffrent form most war movies because it was more 'personal'. It was focused around 2 people, John Voights character, and Jude Laws character, er, I think it is Jude Laws character anyway, maybe it was the other guy who plays Vasilli Zaistev. Plus it was based on a true story, and that makes it even better. Anyway, its a pretty cool movie, anyone else think so? </font>
Thought this movie was excellent. However it wasn't Jon Voight. Jude Law was Vasilli but the German sniper whos name I cant remember was played by Ed Harris who most people will probab;y remember from The Rock were he was the psycho general guy who captured Alcatraz.
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2003, 02:07 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I expected a lot of it, but i was very dissapointed after watching it. They completely raped and abused the original story and left lots of stuff out of it. They took a completely wrong cast for this movie as well. Vassili Zaitsev was from Siberia and had an Asian appearance. Look who played that part. Also, Major Koenig's name was originally Heinz Thorvald, and was a fat wimpy looking kinda guy, not what you expect from a tough officer in the SS.

Read the book "war of the rats", and you'll see what i mean. Despite a huge budget, they've created a very weak movie, with a totally wrong cast of actors. In my opinion this movie is a big no no.
Old 01-25-2003, 09:44 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Btw... Iron Ranger... if you really wanna see a good movie about Stalingrad, ask around for the movie "stalingrad"(doh ).
It's a German movie, about a group of German infanterists, who are stationed in Italy in 1942, and don't see much action. Then they are transfered to the Eastern front, and they go in singing and full of high hopes.
Needless to say they won't be singing too long.

This is a very good, realistic movie, and shows some pretty horrific things that took place there.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:23 PM   #9
Djinn Raffo
Ra

One of my favorite parts was near the beginning when Zaitsev hooks up with the propoganda guy and when Zaitsev shoots he waits for an explosion to time his shot with and those people just right over there getting shot have no clue where the shooter is because they can't see the shots!
Djinn Raffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 01:43 PM   #10
Irongrinder

I really loved this movie. I love the way they build up the tension with the close ups on the snipers. Definately a good movie
Irongrinder is offline   Reply With Quote