Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Heyas everyone

I was wondering if you could help me out. I am wanting to dual wield two swords (long, short, katana etc...) and am not sure which I will take as my second sword. My primary sword is Daystar and I wish to keep it that way (I need to Daystar, look at my name! heh). So, does anyone have any suggestions for my second sword?

Thanks alot

--Kestrel--
Old 01-03-2005, 09:55 AM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

http://gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii...nt/katanas.php
http://gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii...longswords.php

I recommend Blackrazor, EQUALIZER(sp), Celestial Fury.
Have you finished the game already? If not, then have fun experimenting, if you have, and are trying out the maximum power route, then go absolutely nuts and min max your char.

[ 01-03-2005, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Sir Degrader ]
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 02:46 PM   #3
Klutz
Manshoon

I'd say Belm (+2 Scimitar of Speed). Why? When used off-hand, it grants its extra attack to the primary hand... which means more whacks with Daystar.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...c;f=2;t=024704

The problem is, based on your party is posted in the above thread, it's also a great weapon for Jaheira, so you'll have to decide who gets it.

*TOB Spoiler*
If you have Bonus Merchants and TOB installed, pick up the Scarlet Ninja-To, and use it in the off-hand instead of Belm once your Bard gets the Use Any Item HLA.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:44 PM   #4
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

I second Klutz, Belm is maybe your best bet. You don't get many attacks with your second weapon so it's a good idea to pick a weapon that gives you added bonuses which will also affect your main hand.

The short sword Kundane(sp?) also gives you extra attacks so is worth considering. There's also a long sword available thats name suddenly escapes me that increases your strength. It's the one in Watchers Keep. The only problem is you may have to wait a while to obtain it.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:58 PM   #5
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Actually, Zarr, you don't. You can go into watchers keep at any time in SoA except in Chapters 1, 4, and 5. Maybe 7, not sure. But in 2,3,and 6, you can. It isn't level dependant, You just might get beaten up abit
Old 01-03-2005, 05:12 PM   #6
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

I know he can go to Watchers Keep early in SOA but it would be VERY hard to do it before, say Chapter 6.

*And SPOILER*
That sword is in the 4th level and I would think it would be very hard to do the maze level(3) in chapters 2 or 3. Although of course it is possible. I do Watchers Keep in chapter 6 in SOA and level 3 is pretty hard so I can imagine how hard it would be in Chapter 2. IMO level 3 is harder than level 4...
Old 01-03-2005, 05:44 PM   #7
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Well i myself just sucessfully completed the keep in chapter 2...
Old 01-03-2005, 05:55 PM   #8
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

All I can say is WELL DONE!!!!

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

*spoiler*
BTW did you fight Demogorgon?
end spoiler

ps I like the picture in your sig!

[ 01-03-2005, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Zarr ]
Old 01-03-2005, 06:04 PM   #9
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:
Actually, Zarr, you don't. You can go into watchers keep at any time in SoA except in Chapters 1, 4, and 5. Maybe 7, not sure. But in 2,3,and 6, you can. It isn't level dependant, You just might get beaten up abit
Actually, I thought that the guardians won't let you in unless you are at least marginally decent. IIRC, the first time that I tried to go to WK, almost immediately after leaving Chateau Irenicus, the guardians (or whatever they're called) denied me entry on the basis of not being capable enough (high enough level). And all I really wanted to do was talk to the cleric/store person and buy some nice items with cheated-in gold.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 06:08 PM   #10
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

No, i didn't zarr, i left that bit out, but i did the rest and thanks, for the congrats, and thanks for the sig comment Although i didn't make it, but still