Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-28-2002, 11:31 AM   #1
Jon Smallberries
Elite Waterdeep Guard

J.S., checking in...

My party is roughly level 11/12/13(?), and I've progressed along both the Umpani and T'Rang storylines to the point... (possible spoilers)
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
...where I need to go to Arnika and see the Mook.

I've traveled to the SE Wilderness (and got my *** handed to me in the temple - after 3 straight times, I decided to return at a later date [img]smile.gif[/img] ), then on to the Mtn Wilderness and spoke with Anslem. I have not yet cruised over to Sea Caves and Bayjin.

So, should I go see the Mook (and choose sides) or swing by the Caves first?

Side note: I've seen reference to Heli demanding payment if you let her find out you're working both the Umpani and the T'Rang. What if you just whack her instead of paying her off? Any consequences?
Jon Smallberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 02:12 PM   #2
Erydian
Manshoon

Spoilers
First of all, there are several ways to play the T'Rang and Umpani storylines, and you don't necessarily have to choose between them. You can if that is what you want to do, but if you take care of the two people that will interfere with your double-agent status (Heli being one of them, as you mentioned) it's possible to keep doing quests for both of them for a bit longer. I won't go into the specifics, as I assume you'll probably want to explore them on your own, but if you're concerned about having to make a choice between the two races once you bring the alliance letters to the Mook, you don't have to worry about that just yet.

If you are playing as a double-agent, He'li will eventually discover it. She is probably the most informed NPC in game, and she tends to hear just about everything. [img]smile.gif[/img] There's really no way around this, as far as I know, and I'm not entirely sure at what point she discovers this. I have a feeling it has to do with how many of each race's quests you've completed, but that's just a personal theory. Money was never an issue for me, so I paid her off. I suppose you *could* kill her, but it would probably anger the rest of Arnika as well. Having never actually done it, I can't be sure of this though. In addition, He'li will also have other bits of information for you throughout the game, but whether or not they are crucial is another thing I'm not certain of.

If I were you, I'd probably deliver the alliance note(s), and proceed with the T'Rang/Umpani quests (depending on how you choose to play them). It will give you something to do - and as I said, it isn't necessary for you to choose a side right away anyway.

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Erydian ]