Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2006, 08:54 AM   #11
DBear
Drow Warrior

I have heard that the country where it was filmed is very unhappy about it...
Old 03-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #12
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

<font color = lightgreen>Slovakia needs to grow up and get over it--they need the money, I'm sure. At least Roth decided to film around Bratislava instead of filming in Prague like directors normally do.

I don't know what their problem might be, anyway. Solvakia has a really great countryside and decent regional cuisine. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:04 AM   #13
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by DBear:
I have heard that the country where it was filmed is very unhappy about it...
Hehe I suppose so... While we were watching the first half we planned to go there in the holidays. Needless to say in the end our enthusiasm was gone

On a more serious note though I liked the film. Most horror films overdo things making them not very believeable.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:07 AM   #14
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Just watched it... very disappointing I have to say... compared to other Tarantino movies (PF, KB)...

I've been to Bratislava, and it is not portrayed very realistically. Somehow made to seem like gloomy, dark, shitty village, which it's not. Maybe that's why I didn't find the whole "slashing" (used this word of Azred's to prevent spoiler) convincing and believable. Somehow I did not leave with the "it could really be happening somewhere" feeling.

(I'm not saying it does or doesn't. A lot of sick things happen in this world and it could be true. I'm only saying that the movie didn't influence me to thinking it does).

More gross than scary really.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:04 PM   #15
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I thought i was boring and kinda funny. When people do dumb things in a movie, I say "I hope THEY die first" cuz they acted so dumb. [img]smile.gif[/img] You deserve it, ya know? (in a movie at least)

Anyway, the whole story doesn't make much sense. So how does this elite hunting thing work? I mean, there is no money in it--at least not at the top--someone is just shelling out cash for bodies. yuck. so it just doesn't make sense. But then again, crazy shit never does.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:07 PM   #16
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
Just watched it... very disappointing I have to say... compared to other Tarantino movies (PF, KB)...

I've been to Bratislava, and it is not portrayed very realistically. Somehow made to seem like gloomy, dark, shitty village, which it's not. Maybe that's why I didn't find the whole "slashing" (used this word of Azred's to prevent spoiler) convincing and believable. Somehow I did not leave with the "it could really be happening somewhere" feeling.

(I'm not saying it does or doesn't. A lot of sick things happen in this world and it could be true. I'm only saying that the movie didn't influence me to thinking it does).

More gross than scary really.
Yeh, the hamstring was the worst. BTW, I'd love to visit a little village like that, looks awesome. nice, and quite. picturesque.

Just as long as no 'little kid' gangs threaten me for candies... lol!

[ 05-11-2006, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Old 05-11-2006, 07:51 AM   #17
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Oh yes, that's another bullshit that never really happens... There aren't really any kid gangs that attack tourists.

And one more thing I really hated about this movie... the coincidences at the end... (SPOILER)
as he drives away he meets those 2 girls who brought him there. In a city such big. Wow! what a coincidence. I suppose it could happen.... but no... he also meets the guy who sent him from Amsterdam

And then on the train he meets the main bad guy... what a coincidence...

(I have to admit though that the scene when the girl was run over twice was pretty funny [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] )
Old 05-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #18
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ziroc:

Oh yes, that's another bullshit that never really happens... There aren't really any kid gangs that attack tourists.

And one more thing I really hated about this movie... the coincidences at the end... (SPOILER)
as he drives away he meets those 2 girls who brought him there. In a city such big. Wow! what a coincidence. I suppose it could happen.... but no... he also meets the guy who sent him from Amsterdam

And then on the train he meets the main bad guy... what a coincidence...

(I have to admit though that the scene when the girl was run over twice was pretty funny [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] )
</font>[/QUOTE]In the movies, thats called the "Payback" scene. Gives you the "YES!" factor. cleaning up loose ends.. Never happens though in the real world. (unfortunately)

Old 05-11-2006, 12:32 PM   #19
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

The city was depicted in the movie to be much smaller. Did they even name it as "Bratislava?" I thought they left it fictional.

And, remember, what made this movie so neat was that the "main bad guy" turned out to be nothing special at all, just another customer. That was the "it" factor for me in the movie. It went from being some serial killer flick to being something much more chilling.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:10 PM   #20
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Never happens though in the real world.
Exactly my point. It didn't contribute to the credibility of the whole thing. To the "this really might be happenng somewhere"...

And TL, I think Bratislava was mentiond by name. Not 100% sure though...

And somehow this mvie remineded me of Eurotrip in some ways. Bratislava, the scene on the train (the touching...), girl hunting, Amsterdam...