Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 06:40 PM   #21
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Does anyone know what Grievous' coughing was about?

--Kestrel--
Old 05-20-2005, 07:04 PM   #22
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

He was injured in in the Clone Wars, which is also the reason he fought for Darth Grievous.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:14 PM   #23
Kestrel Daystar
Elminster

Oh yeah, I remember seeing that on the 'Clone Wars' cartoon now. His chest was chrushed right?

--Kestrel--
Old 05-20-2005, 07:33 PM   #24
Salinye
Manshoon

I have to agree with the sentiments about Darth Vader yelling 'NOOOOOO". I thought that added a little spice of cheese factor. lol My husband and I thought that scene would have been more impactful if his reaction went one of two ways, either more violent (ie. attack the emperor) or more inner pain (like dropping to his knees completely defeated in spirit as well as body.)

Regarding the "If you're not with me you're against me" type of phraseology (sp) that's also quoted in the scriptures and I don't think they were trying to pass on a religious message. I think some people are looking into the film looking for political connections that aren't there. It's unfortunate that the movie released during a period of time when much of the symbolism could be compared to some things/political platforms going on in real life.

**spoiler coming**

Regarding the massacre at the Jedi Temple, I actually thought they should have left the scene when he walks into the room where the children are hiding out. As someone pointed out it was made clear redundant times that he was killing younglings. I don't think we needed that scene to anchor the concept. I know they didn't show him killing the little kids, but the scene disturbed me none the less. That little boy was so innocent and turning to him for help and by that time Anakin's eyes were turning red and he was pretty much possessed by the dark side. As a parent, that scene was a little too much for me.

I know a lot of people won't agree with me on that point, but it's the only part of the movie that I wish wasn't there. I really liked the film and even thought the actor playing Anakin FINALLY did a great job.

Huge Kudos on General Grevious. He seriously was the coolest bad guy. I was almost sad when he had to die. I was a little disappointed that in the end Obi Wan didn't kill him in any cool jedi way, he just picked up a laser gun and toasted him. lol

~Salinye
Old 05-20-2005, 08:20 PM   #25
Jorath Calar
Harper

I agree Salinye, with the children scene, should have been left on the cutting floor.

But the noooo! was kind of neccesary I think... every SW movie has a big NOOO! and they were running out of time... [img]smile.gif[/img]

(Would have been quiet funny to see Uncle Owen running off into the desert screaming NOOOO! when Obi Wan handed them Like, but... [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:49 PM   #26
Sir Degrader

I think that its good that Lucas had the balls to show Anakin opening whoopass on those damn kids. Every bloody star wars movies after ROTJ had moments where I just wanted to kill every living being in that universe, but not this one, partly due to the unleashed rage of Anakin. I would make a horrible Jedi wouldn't I?
Old 05-20-2005, 08:50 PM   #27
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Looks like theres not much more to say about the movie besides i thought it was great.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:10 PM   #28
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The bit that cracked us up the most was at the end when the some guy (think it was General Organa) gives away the droids and tells someone to "wipe the protocol droid's memory files" [img]smile.gif[/img] .

At dinner before the movie we were debating how C3PO would come to have no knowledge of Obi Wan / Ben Kenobi, and as to whether George would plug this hole between this movie and A New Hope [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Grievous was great - especially when he went into light sabre frenzy. In my mind George delivered an entertaining movie, and he closed all the gaps that needed closing between the storylines. He managed the descent into madnes fairly well (let's face it - none of the 6 movies were under-endowed with wooden acting). The aging of Palpatine and the end of Windu was very well handled I thought.

Probably the only scene that was expected (seeing as Yoda set the scene for it) and never came was a little something between Ben and an etherial Qui-gon Jinn. Something to settle Obi's mental turmoil having trained and battled the new Sith Annakin, and indicating that the prophecy is not lost and they must look to the children for (dare I say it) "New Hope"
Old 05-20-2005, 09:55 PM   #29
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

The "Nooooooo" thing was campy, but the badass cool part is when you notice Palpatine's smile when Vader is screaming.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:26 PM   #30
Sir Degrader

Anyone here think that Kenobi was a bit pudgy? He looked better in the first and second ones IMO.