Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 04-06-2003, 11:30 PM   #11
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkon Blackblood:
the guy who is killing every1 in the Blacklake no-mans land district (he's in the crumbling tower) or at least he's had it for me twice (it may just be on easy mode, i do this b/c i solo a sorcerer, and couldn't beat it on normal)
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
That is in Chapter 1. I was wondering if there was any in Chapters 2, 3, or 4. I have heard no, and I have not seen any when I played through the game except in Chapter 1.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 09:30 PM   #12
Darkon Blackblood
The Magister

oh ok, i gotcha
Old 04-08-2003, 04:52 AM   #13
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

with what my friend said, you find ALL of these ignredients you need for weapons (not quests doh) in chapter one and after that, no more... that's what i heard.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 05:23 AM   #14
Legolas
Jack Burton

You will be able to find all ingredients in chapter one.
But you will also find fairydust and dragons blood in later chapters, and I seem to recall finding Ironwood somewhere in chapter 3 as well... So that's only partially true.
Will have to search the modules for the locations of that stuff when I get home.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 06:04 PM   #15
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I noticed that in chapters 2 and 3 anyway, there was a cabinet near the sorceress's lab that contained the ingredients you need for the books you just found. Haven't seen any adamantite since chapter 1. Also haven't seen many blacksmith products a bard can use.

thoon
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 06:39 PM   #16
Nerull
Lord Ao

Letter

That's what I figured. That subject comes up around the board every once in a while, and it is the same answer every time. Even ingredients like Special Holy Water, Diamond, and Ironwood, as rare as they are, can be found in later chapters. Not adamantine. If you use it all up in Ch1 (upgrading and selling weapons) you are stuck the rest of the game.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 04-09-2003, 12:26 AM   #17
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

btw they are random... i have explored the whole of chapter one... and never got adamantite... yeah sure ironwood and other essential ingredients but never adamantite... and that was what i only needed for my weapon... hehehe
Old 04-09-2003, 06:38 PM   #18
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
btw they are random... i have explored the whole of chapter one... and never got adamantite... yeah sure ironwood and other essential ingredients but never adamantite... and that was what i only needed for my weapon... hehehe
Actually, it is quite fixed where each of the reagents are, if I remember right.

SPOILER (Chapter 1)
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
The head of the Zoo drops one piece, the half-orc in the No-man's Land drops another, and you can persuade Oleff when you finish the tomb quest to give you a third. There might be more, but so far NO ONE knows of any past Chapter 1, as far as I have heard.
Old 04-10-2003, 03:48 AM   #19
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

nerull we are talking adamantite here right? apparently in my game, never go any... the things you mentioned i remember well... and no adamantite...
Old 04-10-2003, 05:13 AM   #20
Legolas
Jack Burton

Did a search, and I have to agree with Nerull. Adamantine (which is the proper spelling BTW) is not random treasure at all (not in the treasure scripts), and in Logar's case it's in his inventory all the time. Haven't located all the stuff yet, as the search function in the toolset can only search one area at a time
It could be that there is a line in one of Logar's scripts which causes the adamantine to disappear from his inventory under certain circumstances, or at random, haven't searched those yet either.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote