Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2002, 10:14 PM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

** spoiler **

I read somewhere that if you take some of the "elven lore" books from this library back to the wizard in Kuldahar, he'll give you a magic item as a reward for the books. But when I start that dialogue, the only option I have is to say "no I have not found any such books" even though I have them in the inventory of my main character and that character is talking with the wizard. What gives?
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 10:34 PM   #2
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

SPOILER
The only book from the Severed Hand library that is of interest to Orrick the Grey is the book on Mithal Theory. If you haven't already done so, follow the conversation prompts to get Orrick to discuss his research -- he'll bring up his interest in the Elven defensive enchantments known as mithals and mention that he'd be inerested in any information you find. After that you should be able to offer him the book and receive the reward.
Old 11-16-2002, 12:00 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

That happened to me before. I left his building, and went back, talked to him again and the option was there. Wiieerrdd...
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 02:02 PM   #4
Roboghost
Manshoon

I wonder if you pick his pocket (and get away with it--this guy's MEAN if you trip pick pocketing him in HoF mode)...and give him the book again...he'll give you another goody! Hmmm.
Roboghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2002, 05:00 AM   #5
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

Haven't heard of anybody trying that one, but I'd imagine that he no longer has the book on him once that option is completed. You'll have to let us know how it goes! [img]smile.gif[/img]