Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 11:22 PM   #31
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Now, he made a comment about liberals in there, too, and I'd like to take the time to remind him that some liberals own guns, too, and them's fightin words. :devil:
You went too deep on that one TL.
"Is wortless beyond 60m, and I would not place the life of a liberal on it at anything greater than 75m."
As in, I would not want to have to rely on this weapon if I had to defend one, (liberal) at a range greater than 75m. From the supported prone, using an AK, I have placed 18 of 30 within the '9' ring on a standard 100m E-type target at the 50m line. Without optics, my accuracy drops to 9 of 30 in the '9' ring on a 100m at 100m. With a CCO (Close Combat Optic) I can increase my accuracy to 15 of 30 on a 100m at 100m, and spot 20 of 30 on the entire target plate. On the other hand, my SKS fairs better, but fails to drive tacks at 300m like certain other guns can.

My heritage hails from Boyle County

--------------------

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 07:36 AM   #32
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

I thought you guys had a "well regulated militia" called the National Guard.

So let them have all the guns

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 08:35 AM   #33
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

No way, they tend to get pretty excited sometimes, and shoot all the wrong people, besides, they have all the cool guns already, including TL's wish list...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 01:04 PM   #34
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Yeah...anymore, the National Guard is basically just another branch of the Army Reserve...the only difference being that when there's a natural disaster, they're supposed to come in and help with that too.

Boyle County, eh? Not a bad place, though it's a little bit flat for my liking.

[ 10-01-2005, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Ilander ]

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 06:48 PM   #35
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Army Re-Structure 101. Cold War era, 18 divisions Active Army (AKA AC), enhanced units within the Army National Guard (AKA: ARNG) State controlled. Different combat and combat support units with the Army Reserve (AKA USAR).

clinton era: Active component drops 8 full divisons, and becomes 10 full AC Combat Divisions.

ARNG restructered to Combat only units, and built Combat Enhanced Brigades to coinincide with AC. State controlled, Activated for State emergencies. Federal Activation for War, acts of war, and IF the state fails to activate when needed for a natural disaster, like a big freaking hurricane.

USAR redesinged as Troop Programs Support. They serve as Support to the AC, and provide things like Water Purification, Services and Support for the Soldier, Like new equipment issues and turn in, Clerks, and Instructors to support their Federal Mission. Activated regionally by federal authority, and can provide training for ARNG predeployment units. Can support both AC and ARNG in Services and Support worldwide.

Bush era: Changing the structure from 'conventional' Divisions, to Combat Brigades, (AKA Combat Units of Action), each CBA is self contained and self supporting to make the deep fight, but will require follow-on support similiar to the current division set-up of today (As opposed to needing that support first). The first two formed have already gained combat experience.

ARNG will remain under their Enhanced Brigade concept until at least 2012.

USAR will remain unchanged, except for the upcoming BRAC that will close/relocate some Reserve Training Centers, and or Regions.

I enjoy the mountains, (when viewed on TV while sipping some homebrewski on the couch).

--------------------

[ 10-01-2005, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Felix The Assassin ]

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote