Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2002, 03:11 AM   #1
Dakkon Darkblade
The Magister

Alright, I'll make this short and sweet.

What is the trigger or action or whatever to call a Berserker's Enrage ability?

Ex. (Not in strict code, but in pseudocode)

IF

My guy sees an enemy
And has the enrage ability

THEN
Cast Enrage on himself, and attack nearest target

END

So, could someone write out for me how I'd do that? Berserk() makes them uncontrollable I think, and Barbarian_Rage and Enrage aren't the same thing as far as I've seen.

Now, anyone know how to get a ring to make a spell sequencer, allowing you to pick spells, and then actually *keep* the sequencer? I made a ring, but something goes wrong and it doesn't carry the sequencer over once I cast it. It just sort of does nothing afterwards. Is there something I'm missing? I looked at the various spell sequencer files but couldn't come up with anything.

One last thing: I created the .cre file Jalerho for my shop I'm creating, right? I wrote out all the dialog, I made the shop file, and I gave him a simple script (mage3). I added the correct script at the top of the AR0702.bcs file to create him at the bottom left of the Adventurer's Mart, and I set him to Neutral even... but the moron walks over to me from the place I put him at and just stands there. He seems to still be on my team... or at least he has a green ring around him. When I talk to him, he simply says, "It's been a pleasure adventuring with you...", yadayadayada and walks off.... leaving me confused. Also, he's missing his name... even though I hit the Update Dialog.tlk file in Creature Maker 2.2.4.

So anyway, if anyone can help in any ONE of these topics, please post, I'm working steadily on this project. (If you don't know more than one, it doesn't matter, one is better than none). Also, if you have any ideas, or like things happened to you, I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and hopefully with your help I'll be able to get my problems resolved quickly. Thanks again.
Old 03-10-2002, 03:17 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well i didnt really understand much of any of your qeustions but for the enrage one... do you mean how to get a beserker to enrage?? Or how to make a beserker and give him enrage?? or something completely different?
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 03:38 AM   #3
Dakkon Darkblade
The Magister

I mean, about the berserking one, about how to write a script to make a berserker *enemy* to enrage before he attacks you... basically. I have this other thing I'm working on and I want the main baddie to enrage, since he's a half-orc berserker, before the battle gets underway.
Old 03-10-2002, 11:15 AM   #4
Billy Yank
The Magister

You should probably be asking these questions at the TeamBG forum

http://www.teambg.net/forum/

Most of the people here are players, not modders.
Old 03-10-2002, 01:25 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Try this:
IF
See(Enemy)
StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_BERSERK)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
Spell(Myself, BERSERKER_RAGE or "SPCL321")

Check in my profile and send me your ring's .itm file; I'll take a look at it and see if I have any ideas. Unfortunately, I can't help you with the character/store.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 09:42 PM   #6
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

1. azred was close, but "enraged" isn't a state in state.ids and "berserk" wouldn't call it. the state berserk is actually the out of control kind like that cursed sword, minsc's ability, and the panic result.

this is what you want:

IF
See(NearestEnemyOf(Myself))
Global("Enraged","LOCALS",0)
HaveSpell(Myself,BERSERKER_RAGE)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Enraged","LOCALS",1)
SetGlobalTimer("Crazy","LOCALS",60)
SpellNoDec(Myself,BERSERKER_RAGE)
AttackReevaluate(NearestEnemyOf(Myself),30)
END

IF
GlobalTimerExpired("Crazy","LOCALS")
Global("Enraged","LOCALS",1)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("Enraged","LOCALS",0)
END

Not sure if the duration of enrage is 60 or not. just change the timer to whatever it is. you may want to tack on an extra 30 seconds to account for the post-rage fatigue that wastes an attempt to berserk during.

2. are you using the "cast spell as mage/cleric" header? should be able to put the SPWIXXX in the resource key and have it work. has for me.

3. if you're serious about modding, scrap creature creator and get familiar with Near Infinity. it sounds like you copied an already existing CRE and had some things that the prog can't get to. NI is far more detailed in what you can edit and isn't tough at all. you may have set his alignment to neutral instead of his Enemy/Ally tag.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:08 AM   #7
Azred
Drow Priestess

quote:
Originally posted by Amergin:
1. azred was close, but "enraged" isn't a state in state.ids and "berserk" wouldn't call it. the state berserk is actually the out of control kind like that cursed sword, minsc's ability, and the panic result.

I am not too proud to admit that I was wrong. I always give the caveat that I am not terribly familiar with scripting yet.
Anyway, thanks to Amergin for doing it right! [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote