Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-12-2002, 01:45 PM   #11
fable
Quintesson

Coral, just out of curiosity, what is the value of being able to change a tiny piece of code so your character can beat everything into paste? I'm genuinely interested. From past experience, everybody I've encountered who does this has issues with reallife powerlessness, and does a god act in a game then boasts about it--seeking approval from others. If I'm not on target, here, perhaps you'll tell us what your motivation is.

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: fable ]

fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 07:43 PM   #12
andrewas
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by PeeWee:

My warriors are seeing about 2-3 hitpoints per level increase. I hear with TOB, a person can get 2500 hitpoints and -25 ac. Without it, what would the max ac and hp be looking like? Crappy hp but good ac based on dex modifying? I wouldn't remove the exp cap until I get bored and probably have betean the game with a few different groups or solo or whatever- for those who have, what do the stats look like? Hp, Ac, saves, thaco???

Someones been having you on. my monk finished SoA at level 40 with 144 h/p currently fighting his way through ToB. no advances on 144 hp, except for item bonuses i havent got yet.

-16 ac with all my ac items on. used to be -17 but i had to sacrifice a point of dex.

base Thaco has been frozen at -1 for an age. actual thaco is -13.

quote:

AND a 34 monk/38 rogue multied??? There must have been some long long nights leveling up both of em the "LEGIT" way - but then again, if this is a farce, it's a mighty embarrassing one, well it would be for me...

Someone got that high in SoA. it must have been a solo. needs about *guesses wildly* 12 million xp?

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: andrewas ]

[ 02-12-2002: Message edited by: andrewas ]

Old 02-12-2002, 08:07 PM   #13
ULockit I Stealit
The Magister

Looks like we have a budding psycho-therapist in fable.....

I feel powerless in this toilet bowl we call life. Maybe I should create a Demi-God character and take it out on all the little people.

[img]graemlins/grabblue.gif[/img]

I wish I could be a Monk/Theif! I am loving the bare fisted kicking but. I haven't even tried to give him a weapon. One question though? Is there anything I can do in proficiencies to help (i.e. are fists considered two weapon?)
Old 02-12-2002, 09:36 PM   #14
Coral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Personaly my motivation was just to see if i could do it and the fact me and friends hold god duels between our charecters because there fun to do but for a true legit charecter i am hooked on the classics and my level 16 ranger is my favorite because he is the first charecter i have ever done and he has made it from BG1 to here nicly.
This game does loose its fun though with a god charecter unless you play someone of equal challenge then it is really fun.
Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 09:40 PM   #15
Coral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Oh by the way if anybody does decide to create a god charecter and lvl them up by quest and killing monsters aka the legit way here is a tactic i used to help me- tons and tons of soda, chocolate, any kind of music that gets you out of tired and bored mode and most of all realize it is a legit reason to stay home and tell that annoying ex who has been calling you no stop that you are busy and can't go out.
Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 03:12 AM   #16
fable
Quintesson

If all a person can do is play a game obsessively, then an ex has every reason to stop bothering 'em, and find someone more...human.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 04:44 AM   #17
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Coral:
Hehe just to say my char does exsist and it did take me a very long time to be able to get that duel class going but i did do it and as far as you wondering about my skill in code writing and exe changing, you will see how good it is on a need to know basis, other then that you can wonder all you want about what i did but if we ever meet sometime on a multi game i will be sure to show you what i can do.

look, i don't have anything against changing things to make the game fun, different, or just replayable. what i am saying is that there's no reason to try to BS people in this forum or impress with "my char killed everything with his little toe" stories. it's a game and most of us have toyed with god characters and items, etc. even hallowed memnoch has made items straight outta wisconsin (the land of cheese).

i don't expect a confession from you, but considering you were asking where to get an xcap remover is an obvious indication you're no coder as the file that controls that can be changed with a basic text editor, as can practically all of the files that control kits, xp, abilities, etc.

on the other hand, you haven't come off as boorish or arrogant so don't take offense at my calling you out.

Presiding Officer of the Ministry of Misinformation,
Amergin
Old 02-13-2002, 07:18 AM   #18
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Coral, I've got a song you can hum along as you continue on your merry way. It must've been written with you in mind, mate.

Make sure you keep that monk/thief away from multiplayer because one day you will meet an ubermunchkin greater than you and the meeting won't be pleasant.

Munchkin Paradise
(Sung to Gangsta's Paradise by Coolio, new words by Brian 'Cevalic' Ostermeyer)

As I walk through the valley filled with vampric dragons
I take a look at my inventory and pulled out plus ten flagons
Cause I've been hacking and slaying so long
Even my DM forgets that I learned the rules wrong.
But I ain't never got an item that was too out of line.
My character's treated like a king, a PC ahead of his time.
Gods be watchin what they sayin when they hear that I'm playin.
I really hate to brag but I killed Tiamat --
I did it bare handed cause she made me mad, fool.
I'm the kinda PC every gamer wanna be like,
On my throne in the night
A king with godly might.

Chorus:
We've been spending most our time
Gaming in a munchkin paradise.
Rolled for godhood once or twice,
Gaming in a muncking paradise.
We've been spending most our time
Rolled for godhood once or twice,

Forget the situation, DM got me facin --
I can't play when magic lacks, I was raised on artifacts.
So I gotta find a DM down with me;
I let my brother DM even though he's three.
I'm above the average gamer with gold on my mind.
Got a crossbow in my hand, slaying bolts plus nine.
I'm a pumped up power gamer, just a little tweaked
And my followers are down, even if they're freaks, fool.
Death ain't never gonna touch my PC --
Soon I'll kill Vecna, then you'll all see.
I'm a demi-god now, but will I live to be a diety?
The way things is goin it's for sure.

Tell me why are you - so mad at me?
Cause my guy's a god? - you hate me?

Chorus

Gold and the magic, magic and the gold,
Pile after pile, load after load.
Everybody's bowing, but none of them ain't seein
My ultra master plan, to destory all the heathens.
They say I got to quit, but nobody's gonna change me.
If they can't play with power, how can they game with me?
I guess they can't, I guess they won't,
I guess they leave; that's why I know my game is just solo...

Chorus

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2002, 08:49 AM   #19
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ROFL!!!

Oh my that was an interesting song!

I gotta send that around work!

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]

Old 02-13-2002, 10:17 AM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Memsy, that one was worth reading, even with that color font!

Very funny! LOL! I'm still, er..ahem.. in ch 2.. (ok ok.. LAUGH, you know you want to! But I've finished off IWD a few times since then and started multiplaying BG2 twice so uh..ok, so I have no excuse, I just blame forums for stealing my time and genies...cuz they exist! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Anyway, I'm definitely not into souped up, over the top pc's yet! LOL Don't think I will be, either. I like a challenge and adjusting my character to be a 'godlike' pc doesn't do it for me. If I ever get that bored, I'll find another game! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

Cloudy

[ 02-13-2002: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]