Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2002, 09:47 PM   #21
MagiK

<font color="#00ccff">I think Connery is the all time classic Bond, however if there were ever someone born to take hisplace it was Pierce Brosnan and he should have done it while Remmington Steele was still airing.

EDit: After reading other peoples impression of Brosnan, maybe Im just remembering Remmington Steele and filling in blanks that Brosnan isn't actually covering. </font>

[ 11-06-2002, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]
Old 11-06-2002, 09:49 PM   #22
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
<font color="cyan">I'd say Connery, even though he is before my time!

Lol, I've seen em all, Brosnan in my opinion is ok, but he doesn't suit it that well. He seems sleazy!</font>
<font color="#00ccff">Out of curiosity were you old enough to be interested in TV shows when Remmington Steele was hot? The personna Brosnan had in that show wouldhave made a perfect segue into a Bond role. Err in my opinion [img]smile.gif[/img]

The age thing is not a shot, I was just curious if you were old enough to be interested in the series. </font>
Old 11-08-2002, 09:39 AM   #23
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
<font color = lightgreen>The Bond most people forget is George Lazenby, who also played Jarod's father on The Pretender. The Bond most people should forget is Timothy Dalton (no, I didn't like him very much).

<font color = red>Belle</font> doesn't think that Pierce Brosnan misses anything with his interpretation of Bond. That's my competition. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img] </font>
<font color = red> Belle </font><font color = aqua> has great taste. Pierce Brosnan is definately the most handsome. Not quite as good as Viggo Mortenson, but definately up there....and he's certainly the best Bond.</font>
Old 11-08-2002, 10:50 AM   #24
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Well, I'm going to be contraversial. As usual. I say Dalton.

My reasons are that Bond, if you really think about it is quite a tragic character. The only two bonds to have really captured this, in my view, are Dalton and Brosnan (to a lesser extent). Bond lives for the defense of his country but his country doesn't ever really give anything back to him. His entire life revolves around violence and death, he is quite a dark character. So I think he needs a sort of dark, soul searching, persona to go with this. Plus I think Dalton had the best film to date - Licence to Kill.

My least favorite is Moore. Argh! Bond is not supposed to be a comedian! Just in general Moore was far too cheesey to be a proper Bond, he got away with being kitsch, but never actually very good.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 04:37 PM   #25
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Personally I like Brosnan the most. Connery is great too, but I just like Brosnan more for some reason. He just seems more "smooth".
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
MILAMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 09:27 PM   #26
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
Well, I'm going to be contraversial. As usual. I say Dalton.

My reasons are that Bond, if you really think about it is quite a tragic character. The only two bonds to have really captured this, in my view, are Dalton and Brosnan (to a lesser extent). Bond lives for the defense of his country but his country doesn't ever really give anything back to him. His entire life revolves around violence and death, he is quite a dark character. So I think he needs a sort of dark, soul searching, persona to go with this. Plus I think Dalton had the best film to date - Licence to Kill.
I actually agree with most of your sentiment and I really liked Dalton at first, because of the fresh take. It's just that I like Brosnan's interpretation better. Connery is still (overall) the best IMO - as I said by his stellar acting.