Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-24-2015, 07:31 AM   #21
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

Happy Re: D&D Legends of the Sword Coast! (Video link)

Actually am playing with the 7 inch version, Nexus 7 tablet. Works really well.

You can actually zoom in like when your reading or browsing if your struggling to see anything.

Also for legends of sword coast, I didn't know they were making another DnD game. Trailer looks really good. Thanks for letting me know Ziroc.

Reminds of the game I'm eyeing now, makers of space quest, making a new game. Called Ace Hardway. Looking forward to that as well, hoping would come to fruition.

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:18 PM   #22
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: D&D Legends of the Sword Coast! (Video link)

So I picked up the standard edition of this yesterday. To me, I'm coming away with a very BG/IWD feel to gameplay. I haven't found a way to alter the comp AIs yet, and I'm not sure there is one, but I haven't dug that far into it yet. I'm still in the testing the water stages.

I looked at the tools, and simplistic is the best way to describe them. I didn't find any way to make custom items, or to put items into containers if you want it to drop a specific thing, nor did I find a method to do the same with NPCs. I didn't get far into it either, as of yet. It also seems like it has premade areas, as opposed to being able to craft your own, at least that's what it felt like. Again, that's based on about 30 minutes goofing off in it, but I can say you have no where near the control you had with either NWN game.

The upside to that, I suppose, is that it's 4 person coop play, so some of the stuff that I've seen built, or built myself isn't really needed. One cool function to the game itself, however, is the Guild Chest. Being the altaholic that I am, I started a second character, and when I could access it, the stuff that I'd stashed in the chest on the first character was there for the second one. So, if you find something on one toon that another could use, you can, apparently, pass it via the chest. I'm going to try that out tomorrow and update.

Updates:

The Guild chest will let you transfer items to alts. That's a bonus, although, all things considered, I'm not sure how useful it will be other than getting started with some really decent to good stuff.

I found the screen edge thing, they called it something odd, like bumping, I think. Never did find a way to change companion AI, thinking there isn't one. But it seems to work ok, if you don't have the whole group selected.

Last edited by robertthebard; 11-15-2015 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Updated.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:14 PM   #23
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Yeah, you can go to the character sheet, and choose your character AI. Its basic, but works. You'll pick up a dwarven thief/warrior and a healer NPC soon after playing, so roll your characters accordingly.

The dev's did say they are working on making some more interactive elements in dungeons and more stuff/options for the DM/Toolset too soon. Yeah, the toolset is too simple.. nothing like NWN. But I even told them If they need new models/placeables and textured items, I can do it free.. they said they would keep that in mind.. hmmm. lol.

I do like it though. I use the thief to search, things appear, like sacks, chests, bags and full of goodies, so make sure you have search more on for that dwarf--maxing that search skill will speed his walking up to a normal pace, which is good. LOADS of traps he'll find.

I'm in the Luskan Graveyard now. saved right before the huge zombie giant. Need something from him to cast a spell in a crypt... oooooohhh! spooky!

After I finish it solo, maybe we can play it in co-op dude!! Whats your steam ID? (PM Me if you want to keep it private). would be fun to play with ya!

BTW, its coming out for the PS4 in a few Months too.... I like the PC version.

I *DID* buy the PS4 version of Divinity: Original Sin, just to see how cool it looks on a 60 inch HD tv , looks cool, and its enhanced, with ALL NPCs voiced now! and tons of fixes, and additions. (If you bought the PC version of D:OS, you can download the enhanced version free! I just want to support them. GREAT Company, and they really made an amazing CRPG!! (Loads of humor in it too)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 01:51 PM   #24
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Heh, I'm a rogue by nature, and ran into the problem of "oops, I don't need the rogue in the party, and they don't gain xp in camp", so his personal quest was a bit of a "someone stabilize the dwarf" fest.

I use the same ID everywhere, so that love me or hate me, people always know who I am, if they've been anywhere I'm at, anyway. It's all lowercase, like here, I think... We can set something up, I have most of my days free. I would like to get most of the way through the campaign, to make sure I have a handle on it, but hey, it's not like I can't wing it if I have to.

That zombie ogre was a pushover, with the dwarf fighter, cleric and mage behind my ranged rogue.

Last edited by robertthebard; 11-15-2015 at 01:52 PM. Reason: No spoiler tags?
Old 11-15-2015, 06:07 PM   #25
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

yeah, we'll finish up the campaign to get used to it... ( I figured the Zombie boss was gonna be easy). With all the 'shout' buff's, man, you deal some crazy damage, as well as your Hit points are buffed big time!

Story is kinda scary... are we good or bad? Dunnoo! Muhahahahahahh.....

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #26
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post
Thanks for all the feedback guys, i'll give it a try. I already had Dosbox, since i desperately wanted to play Settlers 2 once more, it may be useful for other stuff as well. btw i never thought of this before, but i still have one or two older PC's stored in a room where i keep all sorts of crap i don't really wanna get rid of. They may actually still work, or worst case scenario need one or two components replaced. That may actually be a better bet then trying to install it on my new rig. Even the games that aren't even that old won't run on this OS, like LotR the battle for Middle Earth, which is quite an entertaining RTS. It does allow me to install the game, but when i try to run it, i get some sort of error message, that according to my research on the internet only occurs when you have Win 7 or 8.

Or just go to beamdog.com and get the enhanced versions. Yea you pay, but its got some new stuff and its not a pain in the ass to install.
Old 11-17-2015, 07:32 AM   #27
Shadow Stranger

The BGEE games run nicely.
On Gog the BGEE2 Manual is simply the BGEE1 manual, renamed. That was true the last time I checked. Fortunately the BGEE1 manual is useful enough.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 12:40 PM   #28
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

So I'm about done with the OC, what class did you want to play? I can't recall now if you had a favorite, but I'm fairly universal, with the caveat that I suck at healers.

Edit: Hey Z, check your PMs.

Last edited by robertthebard; 11-19-2015 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Note.