Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-12-2007, 07:04 PM   #71
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Default Re: Time for something new on the arcade... (New Game Added!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sever View Post
Olorin - 6 digits in Donkey Kong? This means War, man!
I have opened a second front...
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:23 AM   #72
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin View Post
I have opened a second front...
As has Dron Cah.

I shall fight them on the slopes, i shall fight them on the moon!

Edit: Erm, when i have the time, of course.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:35 PM   #73
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Smiley Re: Time for something new on the arcade... (New Game Added!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Schlumpf View Post
Erm... Maybe you spend too much time on the Arcade, ZFR. Seriously. I didn't even tell you that as an excuse for anything, just gave you an answer because you asked. 15 minutes was a guess on my part, not an absolute indication of how long it was. It's been a few weeks since I set the score, so it could have easily been 5 or 20; I didn't go through the trouble of doing the same math as you did, just made the guess based on the other times in the Arcade. I also indicated that I got a call right after I started, not halfway - but I suppose you missed that part while you were picking apart the rest of my post.

But if you're really taking something like the Arcade that seriously by taking a passive-aggressive stance on a score that you don't trust - go outside, go and get some sunlight. It's a game, not the end of the world. And if it really means all that much to you to get the high score in every single game possible, I'll just ask Ziroc to remove mine. I'll live.
OK. I finally managed to top that score. Took me 16 minutes wheeeeeeeee

And Papa Schlumpf: you played the game three times only. Scored 1, then 6, then bam wham 49 (which was almost 20 higher than highscore at that time). With a suspiciously long time.

For someone who managed to score that much on his third attempt only - and called the game lame - you should have no trouble repeating your feat. This time without a phone interruption, within a normal time. Thus proving my accusations wrong...

And one more thing, you can drop your you-take-a-game-too-seriously-go-outside-for-some-sunlight attitude. You made your point. I spend way too much time at the arcade, worrying about a score, thinking it the end of the world if I don't get a high score in every game, while you're the dude who chills out, takes things lightly and doesn't care about top scores. Clap Clap. Coming from the mouth of someone who actually cheated repeatedly to get a top score at the trivia contest (till almost everyone left it) that sounds really funny.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:38 PM   #74
ZFR
Legion Symbol

OK, enough of that. On a different topic, can the fast players give me some tips for Yeti: do you jump or hit pingus for points?

And Z, any new games appearing any time soon?
Old 09-16-2007, 04:41 PM   #75
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion

I vouch for Balloonhunter, it's a shooter, pretty entertaining game. A golfgame would be nice too, and a racinggame, i've seen a pretty good motorrace game once, can't remember the name though.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:14 AM   #76
Sever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFR View Post
OK, enough of that. On a different topic, can the fast players give me some tips for Yeti: do you jump or hit pingus for points?
A generous mix of jumps, pingus, mountain goats and a 1st place finish. I won't go into too much strategy though. Not entirely in my best interests, see.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 09-17-2007, 02:13 PM   #77
Lucern
Quintesson

Anyone know how I, with one high score and one 2nd place score , ended up in the 3rd place on the high score board? I'm not sure I can make sense of that. Did the Sever-Olorin War kick some people off of some boards?
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:01 PM   #78
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucern View Post
Anyone know how I, with one high score and one 2nd place score , ended up in the 3rd place on the high score board? I'm not sure I can make sense of that. Did the Sever-Olorin War kick some people off of some boards?
Actually, no. It doesn't take second place into accounts just the first places. When there is a tie, it has some system of determining whom to take. It's not random (Sever always get picked before me when I'm tied with him) and it's not alphabetical (bungleau would've been chosen in your place if it was so). And (like you rightly noticed) it's not based on number of second places nor on the leaderboard score. If anyone knows how the system determines the position when a tie takes place, I'd be glad to hear it.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:27 AM   #79
Sever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFR View Post
Actually, no. It doesn't take second place into accounts just the first places. When there is a tie, it has some system of determining whom to take. It's not random (Sever always get picked before me when I'm tied with him) and it's not alphabetical (bungleau would've been chosen in your place if it was so). And (like you rightly noticed) it's not based on number of second places nor on the leaderboard score. If anyone knows how the system determines the position when a tie takes place, I'd be glad to hear it.
I thought it was based on charisma, intelligence and all-round attractiveness.

When it comes to determining tied places for King, the most recent high score placing takes precedence. A higher leaderboard placing seems like a better option in my opinion, but i've bribed Z so that i'm always on top in the event of a tie.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 09-18-2007, 09:45 PM   #80
Lucern
Quintesson

Sever, you don't have to worry about battling them on the moons at least. Only you have the skill to land 2 more pads than all three runners-up! This wouldn't be as aggravating if it showed your score lol.

If we're after new games, I was always a fan of Joust and Paratrooper.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote