Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2003, 04:02 PM   #11
Lovisa
Manshoon

No Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan ownz! You should rent Shanghai Noon, Rush Hour, Supercop, Mr. Nice Guy just some movie with him cause they own. They're so funny too [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2003, 04:03 PM   #12
Arvon
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Cristian:
i have never ever in my life heard the word oxymoron what the F*** is that?
Oxymorons are two or more words that are mutually exclusive, like jumbo shrimp, or military intelligence.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 06-16-2003, 04:49 PM   #13
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Edit-"oxymoron", a statement which contradicts itself (I think). Like "peace through power" and... no other one comes to mind maybe, "real mystical creatures".
Not to be confused with "paradox," which is a set of two proximate places where one can moor a boat.
[/QUOTE]Actually an oxymoron is a figure of speech where you are using a word combined with its opposite to emphasize it.
e.g. a love-hate relationship
more lenient use of the word refers to any group of opposing terms

"contradiction in itself" is "paradox"

"peace through power" does not seem very paradox or oxymoronic to me
Why would peace be the opposite to power? It's very powerful in my experience!

Only thing I can remember about these sayings is
"Fighting for Peace is like
F*****g for virginity"
Old 06-16-2003, 08:02 PM   #14
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Can you understand Chinese ( kantonese )? I got lots of recommendation here.

[ 06-16-2003, 08:02 PM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Old 06-17-2003, 12:41 AM   #15
sylent
Emerald Dragon

A good kung fu movie tip.....
don't call it "Bullet Proof Monk"... and certainly don't have Sean William Scott as your lead actor (Stiffler of American Pie fame).
Is anyone really going to take that film seriously?
lol.... I just laughed when the announcer seriously pronounced "Bullet Proof Monk"... Classic stuff.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:47 AM   #16
Dagorion
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by sylent:
A good kung fu movie tip.....
don't call it "Bullet Proof Monk"... and certainly don't have Sean William Scott as your lead actor (Stiffler of American Pie fame).
Is anyone really going to take that film seriously?
lol.... I just laughed when the announcer seriously pronounced "Bullet Proof Monk"... Classic stuff.
Eh? Chow Yung Fat is a great actor! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I wouldnt mind seeing that movie...

Anyway, some good Kung Fu movies
Once upon a time in china
Fong Sai Yuk (I think thats how you spell it...)
A Man Called Hero
Storm Riders
Vertually any other early Jet Lee and mid-carrer Jackie Chan films (Operation A parts one and 2 arent bad Jackie movies.)
And the greatest Kung Fu film of all time is Drunken Master 2!
Old 06-17-2003, 03:34 AM   #17
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

all the movies you mentioned lovisa i seen except Super cop never seen it anywhere
Old 06-17-2003, 03:36 AM   #18
Cristian
Emerald Dragon

YAY IM AN AVATAR LOOK [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2003, 05:37 AM   #19
GokuZool
Lord Ao

For Bruce Lee movies I recommend The Game of Death and Enter the Dragon. Both great movies [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2003, 08:32 AM   #20
sylent
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
Eh? Chow Yung Fat is a great actor! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I wouldnt mind seeing that movie...
I never said Chow Yun-Fat wasn't a good actor. I've seen him in some seriously good films (most notably Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon), but this film looks downright terrible... I just checked out some reviews on rottentomatoes.com, and of 106 reviews, only 19 actually liked it (thats 18%).. btw they're actually pro reviews.

not meaning to flame you or anything... its only my opinion that its going to be a poor film, and I'm only basing that on the preview I saw of it in the cinemas. It was just a joke with my friends.

repeat: Chow Yun-Fat is a top actor.