Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-11-2005, 08:46 AM   #1
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Smiley

I've got a little web space, came with my internet service, and I'd like to set the site up for people to give a listen to my music, and maybe order cd's, if they like what they here, helllllpppppp. I have no idea how to build a website, I can't even navigate em most of the time. Sent some PM's to people that I know do websites, but have had no response, as of yet. Anybody got some time to set up a very small website? I'm a starving artist, so I can't pay anything just yet, but I promise to talk nicely about you to all I meet, there by increasing your reputation by one, and making it cheaper to buy stuff at the markets...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 10:27 AM   #2
Marathon
Elminster

If no one gets back to you, I know some folks that may help for free for resume filler information...

Go ahead and email me if you need.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 11:00 AM   #3
Lady Sedai
Banned User

I'm currently working on my mother's website. If you want, I can take a look-see at yours and see if I can be of help.

But I refuse to make promises. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm an amateur and self-taught HTML/XML.

But I think I do okay.

PM me if you want to see what I've currently done and if you want me to take a look at yours. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Lady Sedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:28 PM   #4
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Make yer own. There are tutorials out there. You could start by reading some of the guides at Dave's site.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:42 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

[img]smile.gif[/img] Iron Greasel's got a good suggestion there. If you do your own page, you have the benefit of getting the material the way you like it without having to get someone else to see your vision, although it does mean you have to do a wee bit more work! LOL

Another benefit is that you learn how it's put together so that when you need to make changes (and you always need to do that at some point!) you can do them yourself, according to your own schedule, fairly quickly and easily.

You can use Word (or other word processors) to make simple pages or work with webpage programs like Frontpage (which I can't stand- too much MS excess code thrown into it) or Dreamweaver (expensive but I hope to buy it one day) or you can try it from 'scratch' as they say and check out the site IG listed or these below.

A few references and tutorials:

Tommy's Web Design Links, Educator Sites (Website building links- lots of basics) , HTML Made Easy.

Let us know when you get a page up, Rob!
Old 07-11-2005, 02:33 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

You can take a look at your ISP, too. Odds are they provide a couple of home page templates that you can start with, and add your content to later. Designed for the not-so-technical
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:56 PM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Don't it just figure, I decide to try and take the bull by the horns, and start with the hardest software, I guess if I hadn't been so busy today, I could have got back here before I started my little project. For those interested, I have started work on it myself, and will be getting input from courageous people, this because they may have to work with me, who have graciously volunteered to help me. I feel for those poor souls. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2005, 09:18 AM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I have the base site set up. I even have the buttons and stuff configured. I'm making the 20 second samples of music this a little later, need a break. Found some really easy to use software, courtesy of Yahoo, literally, they give it away. Now if I can figure out how to not have it publish to Yahoo, I'll just about have it going on. To all you brave volunteers, thanks, and it's almost your turn, maybe. The sofware is so easy, I may have everything I need already.