Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2001, 05:31 PM   #1
Glaivas
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've tried everything I can and will never be able to complete TotSC. I've done all the patches, defrags, reinstall and still no luck. I've redone the TotSC 3 different times starting from the fight that ended in Duchal Tower.

1. I went to Ulgath's Beard. a) Did Shaladar's quest on the ice island first. b) Then, I completed Durlag's Tower. c) I returned to Ulgath's Beard and killed the cult members that ambushed me and took the dagger. d) This is where I was glitched and couldn't continue. When I tried to do Mendas quest to head to Wolfwere Island; he would never come outside to meet me at the docks. Also, When I entered the cult house the whole place was empty even downstairs.

2. I went to Ulgath's Beard. a) Did Mendas quest to Wolfwere Island and completed it. b) I went to Durlag's Tower and completed the whole level plus the 4 elemental rooms that are suppose to take you to the chess game, but yet it would never teleport me to the chess game.

3. I went to Ulgath's Beard. a) Did Mendas quest to Wolfwere Island and completed it. b) Completed Shaladar's quest on ice island. c) completed half of the warder's quest, but now it won't let me use the switch to start the machine.

I should have been done with TotSC over 3 weeks ago, but I can only deal with these frustrations for so long. It's time to move on and export my characters to BG2 now. I hope none of you ever have to deal with the aggravation I'm going through. This is a great game and I really love it, but it gets old when its so buggy. Has anyone ever heard of others having these problems and if so please direct me in the right direction if you know how to fix it. I've done all the patches, defrags and reinstalls. I never have used cheat codes and have never looked for any, but I would just for once like to fight the demon in the Cult house and fight the upgraded Sarovek.

Thanks,
Glaivas Gastondale
Frustrated Ranger
Glaivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 05:58 PM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Glaivas, could you send me your saved games ?? i mean the ones in which you are stuck

------------------
"I´ve been captured... and I don´t care" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2001, 07:39 PM   #3
Glaivas
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ertai,

I'll send it to you later tonight. I think I only have the current saved game where the Switch won't worked. Think I deleted the first two glitches I had. I was ready to start BG2 a few weeks ago, but kept trying to hope that just maybe I would finally get by this glitch if I did the pattern differently.

Glaivas Gastondale
Deadshot Ranger
Glaivas is offline   Reply With Quote