Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2001, 08:58 PM   #41
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

rotflmao, 250, you sure know how to smack the hornet's nest. If you would truly like some answers to the questions you posed, I recommend a book titled "Looking out for #1". Robert J. Ringer is the author, published in 1977 by Fawcett Crest Books, which was owned by CBS Publishing at the time. I imagine that a little ingenuity would get you a copy for a buck at a used bookstore or goodwill store. A very different view of the problems you posed, written in straight-forward language. Good Luck.

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To
Old 09-05-2001, 08:59 PM   #42
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:

whatever, you are not getting the point at all. that is probally why they dont make sense to you

I am angry at those people who use intelligence to cover all their flaws. well, why do I care anyway? because I cannot tolerate idiots

I am not talking about investing and money is the answer. I am just showing you that many people are deceived by false security of their job, and satisfied with their conditions. that is what "smart" people do, you see? they are not smart. just like some of us here. we all do "smart" things thinking we are smart, but we are actually not. that is only one of the many dumb things smart people do.

I am not marking you as "not smart." and I have not meant to change your self-imagine. I am pointing out a false concept here, and you seem to be offended by this very much. I am nto making a broad judgement, if so, which one?

one last bit, it is very hard to be general here, since the topic directly involve so many members here. It is understandable that someone is offended, or angered by this post. when one fears something, he becomes angry at it. perfectly understandable
You presume to much my friend. Anger is not only the province of fear. I will get just as angry at ignorance as I will fear or any other motivator.

The definition of idiot as taken from webster is: a feebleminded or foolish person. You are saying that people use intelligence to cover flaws. Then you say these people are idiots. Since an idiot is someone lacking intelligence, with what is he/she covering their flaws?

Your broad judgement is the gist of the statement. You are judging how others are living their lives. You assume that you have it all figured out and we are all ignorant. You assume that all "successful" people are ignorant of the world around them. I said "narrow" because that might be how the world makes sense and works for you, but it sure as hell isn't how it works for them. For you to make a blanket statement like that you must assume superiority intellectually. I guarantee there are people under your "blanket" that have you beaten.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-05-2001, 09:10 PM   #43
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
You presume to much my friend. Anger is not only the province of fear. I will get just as angry at ignorance as I will fear or any other motivator.

The definition of idiot as taken from webster is: a feebleminded or foolish person. You are saying that people use intelligence to cover flaws. Then you say these people are idiots. Since an idiot is someone lacking intelligence, with what is he/she covering their flaws?

Your broad judgement is the gist of the statement. You are judging how others are living their lives. You assume that you have it all figured out and we are all ignorant. You assume that all "successful" people are ignorant of the world around them. I said "narrow" because that might be how the world makes sense and works for you, but it sure as hell isn't how it works for them. For you to make a blanket statement like that you must assume superiority intellectually. I guarantee there are people under your "blanket" that have you beaten.

those people are on "what is your stats" in user created poll
go there, and see the posts yourself

I might sound cruel, but I am speaking the truth

look, you stop claiming that you have the truth, while I stop yelling "I am right!" our discussion has turned into a very subjective one. we are both making assumptions based on our experiences

I am assuming lots people don't see the traps they are in, and you are assuming I am wrong. also, you think if people are comfortable in their trpas, then let them. that does not mean they are less intelligent, right?

we are far off topic, and I don't want to disucss that matter at all

my point here:

some people should stop thinking they are smart, and make some changes. because intelligence changes flaws, not covers flaws

for more information, go to User Created Poll
Old 09-05-2001, 09:13 PM   #44
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
rotflmao, 250, you sure know how to smack the hornet's nest. If you would truly like some answers to the questions you posed, I recommend a book titled "Looking out for #1". Robert J. Ringer is the author, published in 1977 by Fawcett Crest Books, which was owned by CBS Publishing at the time. I imagine that a little ingenuity would get you a copy for a buck at a used bookstore or goodwill store. A very different view of the problems you posed, written in straight-forward language. Good Luck.

well, thanks. I dont have questions, I am just annoyed
Old 09-05-2001, 09:15 PM   #45
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I'm done as well. Just so you understand where I'm coming from, I'm not pretending to have the answers. I am not making any assumptions. I'm not trying to convince you that I'm right, I'm trying to convince you that you're wrong.

Anyways, the subject is at a close and I'm done with it.

So I think we both agree with eachother but in a totally opposite way. No hard feelings here.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-05-2001, 09:22 PM   #46
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

well, I am not even trying to convince you are wrong. simply, I don't care. I will live the life I want to live, and see where it leads me.

I strongly believe using brain to fight back emotions. be observant, watch and learn. and not making the mistakes that so many people have made, but still not yet aware of. I don't believe it will do me harm at all.

about no hard feelings, many people have been harmed by this post (I am positively sure) and many people had treated it as trash that not worth reading. my point has certain truth in it, while it does not apply to all. so if that harms your feeling, you should start thinking about why. if that doesn't bother you, then congratulations.

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-05-2001).]
Old 09-05-2001, 09:29 PM   #47
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
I strongly believe using brain to fight back emotions...

...so if that harms your feeling, you should start thinking about why. if that doesn't bother you, then congratulations. if you think it is trash, then ■■■■ you too.

An odd choice of words at the end there for someone whose emotions are kept in check by his brain. F*ck is a word that conveys anger. Only a second ago you were above such base emotions. I guess your ideals are held more easily when it's convenient.

Live your life as you see fit and I will do the same. Let's not digress to hurling insults offensive language at eachother.

I certainly hope I haven't offended anyone in this thread. If I have, I apologise.

------------------

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-05-2001, 09:33 PM   #48
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

ok, I was being funny, crap... let me change it
also, you guess too much

you see, the difference between you and me is:
you make assumptions on individual, while I make assumptions on the crowd

well, maybe except this one

Old 09-05-2001, 10:06 PM   #49
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Ok, there is a lot of back and forth going on here, but really it's a pretty simple picture. Wealth is not a good indicator of someone intelligent. Yes, it is true that people that are intelligent are more inclined to be rich or to have that capability, but it is not a mandate. Many people who are intelligent observe that which goes on around them. They try to figure a way to make life easier for those that are troubled or burdened. Sometimes this will make them rich, but it's really more about humanity. It's more about seeing from another person's perspective without letting your own get in the way. I notice that someone mentioned Albert Einstein. It was his view of the world that made him intelligent. And it was what he did with that view that made his family well off. Just because you can add 2 + 2 or the fact that you can't add 2 + 2, doesn't mean a fig about how intelligent you are. It's the fact that you realize that 2 apples and 2 oranges can help feed someone less off than you are, and helping them to get those apples and oranges. That is the true test of intelligence. Sorry if this is a little coherent, but I've been up later than I should. I could explain other theologies behind my beliefs, but I no longer am enslaved by money. I do work. I do pay taxes. I just don't believe that we are here to make money. I believe we are here for a greater purpose. It's all ripples in a pond my friend. Make your money if you will, but don't cause so big of a wake that you drown a lot of people along the way.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL

[This message has been edited by Tobbin (edited 09-05-2001).]
Old 09-05-2001, 10:08 PM   #50
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Im smart. Im the Official Villain Of IW afterall..... has there ever been a dumb villian?

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!