Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 11:17 PM   #91
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Addison remains in the background, monitoring the thoughts of those in the kings' court. He is repulsed by the self-centered, egotisitcal greed displayed by the king and almost wishes that the dragon WOULD ravage the countryside.

He "hears" the conversation between Isaura and the young boy. He quickly probes the young boys mind for any sign of deceit or treachery.

He also briefly scans the thoughts of Galadria and Blandamour, to learn of their plans concerning the dragon.

Kellen advances to the edge of the woods and sits down to eat a bite of lunch. The trees in this forest are magnificent - unlike anything he has ever seen before.

They seem to rise all the way into the sky, and yet, are exceedingly straight for all of their height. He remembers the name, Steeplewood Forest, and decides it is a very accurate name indeed. These are easily the tallest, straightest trees he has ever seen in his life, and he was raised in a city in the trees as are most of the grugach, or "wild elves", as they are more commonly known.

After his meal, Kellen removes the long, slender sword from the scabbard across his back. He is a BladeSinger, having learned his skill from one of the few elven masters in this area. He begins to move the blade in a slow, graceful series of movements known as the Blade Song. The sword is called a katana. It is slimmer than a regular long sword, but far superior in strength. It can easily do as much damage as a large, 2-handed sword when wielded properly.

As the BladeSong progresses, the sword becomes a blur of motion...and the tell-tale "whistling" sound that gives BladeSingers their name is easily heard.

Kellen continues to look around him. There are many eyes hiding just out of even HIS keen eyesight He has been watched since early yesterday morning. He suspects either the local faires or druids are keeping close tabs on his activities. Very well, he knows he could never "catch" one of them, so he will wait and allow them to come to him. By practicing his swordplay so close to the forest, he feels certain contact will be made soon.
Old 06-30-2002, 08:05 AM   #92
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR (Notices the boy talking to Isaura) "Ho, you, there, sirrah! Who are you and why are you talking to my party. I tell you now, I like not your looks."

DOLMAN (Hides behind Isaura) "Oh, please, fair lady, do not let him hurt me! I only seek healing for my sister, whom he wounded, mayhap to the death. Tell him of her plight, please."

OOC>> Addison detects nothing but fear and anxiety for his sister. Neither does Kishin.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:08 AM   #93
mistral4543

Isaura

She turns to Blandamour with a somewhat embarassed smile on her lips ~ "The boy is named Dolcen, and he needs help for his wounded sibling - a lady druid, if I am not mistaken." ~ Watching his expression, she continues tentatively ~ "More specifically, he needs paladin help to save her... besides gaining your support, he would have to persuade his father to accept your assistance as well." ~ She stoops to look Dolcen in the eye ~ "Have I spoken true, Dolcen? Come, you must show your sincerity by speaking directly to those whom you seek aid."
Old 06-30-2002, 10:02 AM   #94
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

DOLMAN "Ye-ye-ye-yes, milady. My sweet sister, Diana, was the druid that you wounded the other day. She now lies unconscious and maybe dying. I...I know that it was you that wounded her, milord, and I really don't blame you, for I know well that she and her wolves attacked you. But, you are a paladin, pledged to do good. Can you not find it in your heart to heal her now, since we know that only you can do it? She is no danger, and would be grateful, I know."

SIR BLANDAMOUR (frowns) "I? I killed a female druid, not wounded one. I know that she was dead, for I...oh, never mind, I knew it."

DOLMAN (shakes his head sadly) "Yea, I know that you killed her, milord, but my father brought her back, but to the brink, only. She lies and bleeds, and it takes all of our father's skill to keep her alive. Will you not come, milord? Can you deny healing to a suffering girl, when you could see her bright and alive again?"

SIR BLANDAMOUR (Compresses lips) "Very well, since you put it like that, I shall heal the girl. But, I must be certain that I shall not be attacked, for that would negate any good I would do, by killing more of your people. If the Lady Isaura can go and be my ambassador and grant me free passage, I shall journey to your village and cure this druidess. But, mind you, if any harm come to her, the least little scratch, and I shall level your village to the ground. Am I clear?"

DOLMAN (Claps hands) "Perfectly clear, milord." (Turns to Isaura "Well, Lady, will you do this thing?"
Old 07-01-2002, 01:11 PM   #95
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For TAO and Raymond

THE GROVE

As Iphigenia silently accepts the wine, Claudia approaches bearing several cups made from snow colored wood. As the First pours out the wine, Claudia passes the filled cups to the others, starting with the visitors. Noting that Ullalume has not drawn close to the newcomers, she quickly walks over to the quiet woman with some wine and then returns to where the others are seated.

Ullalume placidly accepts the wine and takes a small drink from her cup, her eyes never leaving the one named TAO. Time has been torn apart around this one. Torn apart and twisted around her life in the violent way that is common in the rituals of other places. She has felt such things before, but never so strongly as this where at such a distance the twisting of time is so palpable. She sets the cup down and reaches for her own gloves, slowly putting them on. ~ It is best I take no chances with an inadvertent touch of this one.

As Miriam and Claudia introduce themselves to the vistors, Iphigenia’s eyes move between TAO and Ullalume. Turning to TAO, she speaks softly, “The claim which binds you is strong, indeed, if Ullalume is able to feel it at so great a distance.” Seeing the surprise in TAO’s eyes, she explains, “Perhaps you have heard the ancient tales of wondrously gifted individuals called ‘Cyveraens,’ those who can feel and shape and even change the movements of time. Ullalume is one so gifted and it is because of her gift that she keeps her distance from you.” She smiles as she continues, “She has placed her gloves on her hands that you might be free to leave yours off.” She rises to her feet and her bearing takes on an aspect of stern authority. Miriam gathers the tones of TAO’s song into her own soft chant as Iphigenia speaks, “Bright faced Artemis, beautiful Queen of Night, and Great Fenris, mighty in his pursuit, hold sway here and I am mistress of this forest and the First within the grove. Tonight hospitality shall rule in some little way even over the laws of your binding – so long as contact is brief, your markings will pose no danger this night to any within this grove save Ullalume.”

ooc: TAO - Iphigenia’s power is great, but not great enough to grant more than a single day’s reprieve from the negative consequences of your touch.

At a nod from Iphigenia, Ligeia removes a finely detailed clasp from her pouch. Handing it Raymond she says, “This shall mark you as one who walks under our protection.” The clasp itself is a remarkable likeness, in miniature, of the great tree at the center of the grove and is made of the same snow colored wood as the cups and hinged with silver.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:55 PM   #96
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

For Kellen

The Steeplewood Forest

There is a musical humming in the air as the wild elf begins the most intricate movements of his dance. The song of the spinning blade to which he dances is a song that is heard by curious and appreciative ears and the dance is one that is watched by curious and appreciative eyes. This dancer with the blade is an unusual elf, shorter and stockier than these curious eyes are accustomed to seeing. Questions begin to twinkle within the curious eyes and one set takes on a mischievous glint that is quickly seen and mirrored those of its fellows.

A ball of reddish color appears just beyond the tip of the dancing elf’s blade and begins to move in a jerky imitation of the movements of the blade. “Not bad,” a high and laughing voice speaks from the ball of color as it flies quickly away from the surprised elf. “But a litte slow, however. I doubt you're good enough to touch me.”

“O! Of course he could catch you!” A second ball, burnt orange in color, dances into the area to argue with the first. “Let me show you how to avoid a wildly spinning blade swung by a strangely musical elf!”

“Listen to you!” A ball of yellow color appears to join the other two. “I’ve seen club-footed dwarves that were more agile than you!”

“I bet he can’t catch any of us with that fancy sword,” the first one says.

“You’re right! He seems much too serious and I bet that sword’s only good for making fancy music.”

The three balls of color begin their own dance around the elf with the spinning blade, bringing the colors of early fall into an amused accompaniment of his movements.

ooc: A simple game of tag – have fun!

[ 07-01-2002, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Cyril Darkcloud ]
Old 07-01-2002, 02:12 PM   #97
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

LADY GALADRIA "Sir Blandamour, are you sure? This could be a trick. I do not trust druids of any stripe, and these have already made a most determined attempt on us. Perhaps I should go with Isaura to ensure her safety."
Old 07-01-2002, 05:55 PM   #98
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

SIR BLANDAMOUR "Hmm, I do not know. You, sirrah," (to Dolman) "What would be the reaction if the druids saw you coming back with a knight like Galadria?"

DOLMAN "I...I do not know. They hate and fear paladins as much as milady does druids, though I wish that this hostility was not so. Some there, like the woman known as Nightshade, might react violently. It would be hard to sneak her into the village. After our recent losses, the wolves are wary. Perhaps it would be better to have this Lady" (he means Isaura)"in by herself."
Old 07-01-2002, 11:18 PM   #99
Cerek the Barbaric

If it will ease your mind, Blandamour, I will accompany Lady Isaura. I'm afraid recent events may have left Galadria a bit on edge. She seems far too eager to let her sword do her talking recently. Perhaps a bit of rest and relaxation would be beneficial before we face this dragon.

I interceded on behalf of one of the druids, so I may be able to enter thier village without causing further hostilities.

And...if it is a trap, I will be able to bring Isaura and myself back to the castle here straightaway."

Kellen smiles slyly at the three "lights". He has seen their kind before and knows full well how quick and agile they are. They will provide the perfect test for his skills.

He adjusts the rythm of his Bladesong and takes a swipe at the first faerie, which it dodges easily. He continues to turn and makes rather straightforward strikes at the other two as well. Neither of these come close either, but Kellen isn't trying to hit them just yet. Instead, he is watching their reactions and seeing movements they make to avoid his strikes. He then adjusts his dance accordingly and sends his blade whistling even faster through the air.

Faeries are naturally mischievous, and this game is great fun for them. They easily avoid the blade, and dash in towards the wild elf's eyes, dazzling him with their glowing "faerie light". They also continue to taunt him, hoping to break his concentration.

"He really is as slow as dwarf", says one.
"And only slightly better looking", says another.
"I think he IS a dwarf, or at least the son of one. Have either of you ever seen a true elf this short and chunky?"

That last comment almost succeeded in disrupting the BladeSong. Comparing an elf to a dwarf is a tremendous insult, but Kellen's mentor taught him to ignore such frivolous distractions during the course of battle.

AS he blade moves faster, the faeries find themselves actually being pressed a little to avoid the whirling pattern. The elf has begun to anticipate their movements and started striking at where they are going rather than where they are.

Thier "dazzling lights" are a bit harder to ignore. Part of his training required him to strike several fruits suspended at different heights and swinging in various directions while blind-folded. He had track them by smell and "feel" the movement air around the fruits and cleave them cleanly in two. But the fruits were larger and slower than the faeries, and not nearly as bright. So Kellen decided to trust his training and close his eyes. He found that he could hear the buzzing of the faeries wings and follow it if he concentrated enough. Still, try as he might, he simply couldn't match their swift agility.

Time for a little magical aide. He took his left hand off the hilt of his katana and reached into a pouch on his belt. His right hand continued the hypnotic rythm of the Bladesong as he quietly chanted words from a long-dead language. When the spell was complete, a surge of arcane energy flowed through his body, magically enhancing his reflexes. The low soft whistling of his sword became a loud buzz as the blade suddenly increased tremendously in speed. The first faerie was taken completely by surprise and knocked to the ground before he could flit out of the way. The second faerie lasted only a few moments longer before he was also "tagged". The third faerie found itself using all of its speed and agility to dodge the nearly invisible blade. Even it's enhanced vision was having difficulty following the blade's path.

He relied on the pattern the Bladesinger had been following and made his moves accordingly. Unfortunately, the very nature of a Bladesinger is to adapt to changes in their opponents strategy.

To his credit, the faering avoided the blade for several moments, but finally zigged the wrong way and fell to the ground beside its' companions.

Kellen bent down to make sure the creatures were not harmed, then began laughing. He truly enjoyed testing his skills and these 3 creatures had given him one of the biggest challenges he had ever faced.

He puts his sword away and sits down cross-legged next to the 3 small faeries.

"I wish to thank you, friends, for one of the best challenges I have ever faced. I am called Kellen. How may I address you?"
Old 07-02-2002, 01:22 AM   #100
mistral4543

Isaura

She smiles gratefully at Addison and sweeps a deep curtsey ~ "I am much obliged for your indulgence, sir." ~ And stoops to address Dolcen once more ~ "Very well, lead the way, Dolcen. We stand ready to convey the paladins' good intentions."
Closed Thread