Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-03-2002, 12:00 PM   #1
DreamU
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER: this post discusses Imoen's fate later in the game.
Glad to have rescued my sister but disappointed in her stats. Wasn't Irenicus supposed to be training her? Compared to Jan they are both Level 11 Ilusionist/Mages but Jan is level 12 thief compared to her Level 7. Except for Open Locks all his thief skills exceed hers, including backstab. His THAC0 is 11 compared to her 17 and his saving throws are better. OK, she will uplevel faster but only as a mage and I already have two in my party. Sorry, sis, go home where you be safe while we retrieve our souls. Its never been my goal to have a 'family' oriented working relationship anyway.

Did you let her join or did you send her on her way?
DreamU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 12:07 PM   #2
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I kicked her too! [img]smile.gif[/img]
When I found her, her xp was only 400.000 and my Nali's xp was over 2 million!! However, I think I miss some dialogues etc etc, as I heard she gains level faster and faster and she casts 1 slot additional more cause of her belt I dont know if its true but this time Im playing as a bard and Im looking forward to rescue her and beat the game with her to see whats new
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 12:13 PM   #3
Harry
The Magister

Location: The Land of naked fraulicing nymphs where your every desire comes true
belt? that's just there so she won't die the first time.
Old 02-03-2002, 01:52 PM   #4
skier9205
Manshoon

If you already have two mages then you probably don't need her, but you don't need thieving skills for most of ToB, and if you don't have two mages already she's a great addition.
skier9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 05:06 PM   #5
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Actually, leaving aside the roleplaying aspect, in which of course you get her back, then consider: You really don't need a better thief than Imoen. I defy anyone to mention a situation where Jan was able to do something and Immy couldn't, esp. if she has the gloves of pickpocketing. P.S. If you don't wait until the end of the game to go and get her, she's very close to Nal. I always go get her right after I do Alan Linvail's quests, and then she rocks, right through the end of Throne Of Bhaal. PPs. Her INT is higher than Jan's, making it easier for her to learn spells. PPPS. Her character looks better on the screen. Jan's is just plain UGLY.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 11:30 PM   #6
Kikakee
Dungeon Master

Back in BG1, I left Imoen as a thief, so when I had a chance at the begining, I used shadowkeeper to change her back. As a thief (w/19dex from BG1) she is awesome. No other thief in the game is so good!
Kikakee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 05:56 AM   #7
jonny bear
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I accepted her and booted nalia out cuz they r both very similar except imoen has much better theiving and her magery is supposed to level up fast so it wouldnt taker her long to catch nalia up
Old 02-04-2002, 02:26 PM   #8
Nifft the Nimble

My current party is based around finding Imoen and taking her with me. I'm playing a Blade, with Jaheira, Minsc and Yoshimo. My goal was to get to her before I broke 400,000 XP, but that turns out to be difficult. I haven't done any major missions, yet after doing Aran's quests I'm above that figure.

I guess I won't be more than 100,000 XP above her when I reach her, though. Not perfect, but not too shabby!

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 09:59 PM   #9
DreamU
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To Galadria who said, "Jan's is just plain ugly". Hear! Hear! That thought crossed my mind briefly when picking between the two. If this was the Sims Hot Date Jan would not be on my team.

Jonny Bear: The Nalia trade-off would normally be the exchange as the two are comparable except Imoen has better thieving skills. For me it doesn't work cause Nalia is level 13 at 1175000xp while Imoen is back at 400000xp.

To Nifft the Nimble: I don't follow why you want to keep your xp down. Is it to be matched with Imoen when you find her?
DreamU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2002, 07:03 AM   #10
jonny bear
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If my main char wasnt a mage then it would have been worth considering keeping nalia but i have a greater need for a decent thief than i do a mage, and since i already have a powerful mage in my party (me) then i would rather have imoen for her thieving skills as opposed to nalia for her magery.