Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-28-2001, 11:01 AM   #1
Rayne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I downloaded the patch yesterday and I still can not get Anomen knighted. I have
finished his quest with his sister and reported it to the Council building in the Government district.■ I have been summoned to be judged, spoke to everyone in the room and nothing!■ I even tried going back to speak to his father who told me I corrupted his son (sob!). Should I simply cut him loose? He's going to leave me anyway. Or can anyone suggest someone I can go back to speak to who may
trigger the end to this quest?
Old 08-28-2001, 06:26 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I never did deal with this so I can not be much help I found this info on a different site. So I can take no credit on any of this, other then digging it up for you. Since you had no other posts yet I decided to try and do my best. I hope this helps you out.
And welcome to the board.

Here's the info I remember from my game w/Anomen Romance. He brags on and on and on about his feats and accomplishments, though he gave me plenty of opportunity to reponsed in kind. I didn't, instead keeping a humble attitude. Eventually, (can't remember when) he stopped bragging so much. One of the quests involving him were to meet his father (his sister died). His father encouraged him to go after and kill the father's archrival, saying that the archrival killed anomen's sister. (The father's a hopeless drunk). Anomen repeated asked my opinion about it (3 or 4 times, I think), to which I always suggested the lawful way-go to the authorities, not be a vigilanty. The culmination of this was his knighthood(?) trials at the Order of the Most Radiant Heart-he passed, apparently because I hadn't led him astray.

When I went to get the elven lantern from Bohdi, she kidnapped Anomen and turned him into a vampire (don't know if this happens with other male romantic interests, it didn't happen with Jaheria, though I might not have been as far along with her at the time). Killing Bodhi (and Anomen) initiates the 'reverse vampirism quest'. All you gotta do is grab Anomen's body and Bodhi's black heart and go to the Temple in the Umar hills. Go to the woman statue in Level 2 of the Temple Ruins, above where you have marked '7'. Place Anomen's body and Bodhi's heart into it. He'll ask (IIRC) to rejoin and if you can still accept him after he had become a vampire.

Submitted By: JB Holdridge

After Anomen became Sir Anomen, and he and my protagonist paladin did the dirty deed and swore our undying love all over the place, Anomen received a letter that his father had been killed by Saerk. Apparently, new information had come to light that Saerk was, in fact, the one who had Anomen's sister killed. Anomen's father tried for revenge and was killed. Anomen went a little bit crazy, and blamed me. I protested that it was all well intentioned, and he forgave me, but left the group to go kill Saerk and to hell with this Lawful stuff. So the group headed to Saerk's place in the Bridge District, where we find Anomen has killed all the guards. (Wish he could fight that well when he was in the party.) When he saw us there, he asked what we wanted, and I told him that he was going to end up like his father if he did this. He asked how he could carry on if he let Saerk live, and I told him that I loved him and we'd get through it together blah blah blah. He finally relented, and left Saerk for the militia. There's a few gems and potions around Saerk's place, and some low level eq, like +1 swords and flails. However if you go downstairs there are servants and such who will attack you, which doesn't do nice things to your reputation when you paste them.

Submitted By: Alexandra

[This message has been edited by Mack_Attack (edited 08-28-2001).]
Old 08-30-2001, 03:06 PM   #3
Rayne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you for your welcome. That was very kind of you. I sort of got impatient and here's what I did. I removed him from my party. At that point he said something along the lines of “Thanks for nothing……” and left. I went back to the Temple and Lo and Behold….he greeted me right away! He was so excited that he is a knight and went on how it was a glorious day! The only problem is that the quest did not come out of my Quest list and move to my Done Quests list. But his name is Sir Anomen so I don’t know what effects this will have on my future. Thanks again for you help, and thanks again for making me feel welcome!
Old 08-30-2001, 08:35 PM   #4
Lochen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had a weird thing with Anomen too. I got him knighted, Did the underdark. But when we went back to Athaktla after the underdark, Sir Trawl approached my group and told Anomen that it was time for his test. Test number 2? I thought maybe he was going to get to be a paladin. But when I went to the hall Trawl wouldnt say anything. So nothing ever happened. Bodhi didnt kidnap Anomen either. Not sure if I got bugged or what. I did have the patch installed.
Old 09-04-2001, 06:00 PM   #5
Rayne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Weird, must be some sort of Bug. He wasn't kidnapped for me either, but I just figured that I sort of forced him to be knighted......so he didn't love me anymore.....dunno...... Next time I'm playing as a man just to see what all the dudes are raving about